Tis the Season for Returns

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by HowardStern, Nov 18, 2015.

1. HowardStern

HowardStern Member

If you are selling coins online this holiday season you may experience a slight increase in sales, but you will also notice an increase in returns. I had 2 returns requested yesterday. One of the reasons being, "I just don't like it", they did not agree with the pcgs grade. The other reason was for hairlines on a struck thru error coin. I knew I was going to start seeing returns, but 2 in one day? That's not supposed to happen. Plus I'm pretty sure it negatively affects my acct when somebody opens a return case. I haven't had a return case opened on me in years it seems. If somebody wants to return they usually request one in a message.
    Returns are coming. Hold your $ a little longer and prepare yourself for frustration.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tydot310

Tydot310 Member

I had a return on a pcgs ms69 1994 silver eagle. Frustrating is right, they claim the return is due to a toning spot which was visible in ebay pics and mentioned in posting. My first return request ever

chromerunner likes this.
  4. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I have several unpaid items as we speak, and I am not even a high volume seller. This is getting annoying.

5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Tis the season when people overspend their bank accounts....

6. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I expect the cheapest deal ever, I expect free shipping at your expense, and I expect to get the same level of service I'd get from the big faceless corporations that charge a premium for these services. Without this perfection of life, I will file complaints and leave negative feedback. It's your fault and I shall have no skin in the game.

Sincerely,

Entitlement Eric (or Erica)

chromerunner likes this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Bunch o' freakin' cry babies.........And I take it we're not dealing with real high end stuff, right guys? Choosy moms choose Jiff. I like Skippy but don't get bent out of shape when the store brand arrives in the mail..........

8. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

Ebay? Can't you ban that buyer from purchasing from you again?

9. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Yes, you can block any bidder you like. I have a small list of people that I've prohibited (thankfully).

10. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I've got some great deals on some modern silver dollars and other half dollars that I'll send out as Christmas gifts this year and I know they willbe appreciated.

11. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

What does this have to do with the thread?

12. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Nothing sorry. I guess I was just hoping nobody would return any of my gifts. Lol

jwitten likes this.
  13. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I won't start selling again till after the holidays, but I'll buy

14. HowardStern

HowardStern Member

Fighting off another return for scratches on the holder. Buyer has a whopping 20 feedbacks. He's trying to tell me I need to take better care of my holders. I told him I had the coin for 2 days. I had it listed at the lowest BIN price. If he returns it I would only sell it for more.

Draft saved Draft deleted