Time To Get Rich.........

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by David Eugene Swiger, Apr 4, 2019.

1. David Eugene Swiger

David Eugene Swiger Active Member

This is listed on a sight called MERCARI, the seller writes, "This coin is in great shape. It is type two from the Philadelphia mint." I thought it was nice of them to show so many pics of the coin (even if they are so small you can't see any detail). I wrote the seller, "If you have the clients for these, I have six or eight of the same coins, I would be happy to sell them to you for $1K each, then you could resell them for a nice profit". A week now passing and I have yet to hear back. Anyone, do you think this is a scam, ignorance or just plain stupid (cause we all know, you just can't fix stupid). I'm betting on ignorance. There are many out there that truly believe these to be "Silver Dollars" and/or as rare as the Hope diamond.
    Shot 0001.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Hope you aren't holding your breath as you wait.

I doubt these people even take a second look at a response like yours. Sad

David Eugene Swiger likes this.
  4. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It makes no difference to me if it's ignorance, stupidity or a scam as I ignore things like this and use my time on more fruitful things.

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

In my experience, plain ignorance rarely ever explains things like this. It certainly plays a large part, but there’s always more to it, be it greed, confirmation bias, desperation, a gamble, or any number of other motives.

7. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

Its always a scam.

8. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

Whatever reason the seller is going off of, making a buck is the motivation despite any dubiousness or of the like. Personally, I don’t think I’d ever buy online except directly from the mint. Yes, that will limit my collection’s growth but I’m old school, I like to try on the pants before I buy them, but, that is just me and I hope I can overcome that, but, when in the know of human deception and callousness of who gets hurt or used in the process, ya you get kinda guarded, besides, isn’t it more fun searching rolls and sidewalks, selling smokes for quarters and getting change at the grocery store more like an achievement than buying what’s already been found?

9. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

In what way is it a scam? The seller has put up a product at a set price. As long as the seller is willing to provide that product to a buyer there is no scam. The fact that you (and most other people) consider it to be too high merely makes it overpriced--not a scam.

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

More people need to realize the truth of that.

11. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Must be a full bell line .....

12. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

There were more than 113 million of these minted. Don't hold your breath waiting for that guy to take you up on your offer.

13. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Yep, buyer beware! No scam, no fraud just overpriced merchandise!

14. David Eugene Swiger

They expect you to pay out $12K plus $4.39 in shipping????

15. David Eugene Swiger

True, but it is fun to watch the world bash into each other once in a while.....

Collecting Nut likes this.
  16. David Eugene Swiger

I liken it to that email I get in my spam, telling how important it is for me to send them all of my banking and personal info because someone has left me $12.5 million.......

17. David Eugene Swiger

Very well said and good advise for our beginners out there.

18. David Eugene Swiger

True, my drill instructor told us, "Put some glitter and paint on a rock, and some nut will buy it." 6 weeks later, PET ROCKS>>>>>

okbustchaser likes this.
  19. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

My drill sergeant told us to paint the rocks on the quad and spell out Company C. Didn't say anything at all about selling them.

20. David Eugene Swiger

Truth you speak....I just wanted to be a cry in the night for any illiterate beginners and let them learn from us.

21. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Wait, are you telling me I shouldn’t have given the nice Nigerian prince all of my banking info, usernames, and passwords?? Son of a.....

I’ll be right back. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted