Tilted Partial Collar

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by dwhiz, Oct 13, 2015.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

While the coin is cool, the forum would get a lot more benefit if you described the error, what caused it, how to identify it, and told us about your coin.

Unless you have a question about it... in which case you should ask.

4. dwhiz

Here ya go, hope this helps
    https://books.google.com/books?id=hkZ4BwAAQBAJ&pg=PT146&lpg=PT146&dq=Tilted Partial Collar&source=bl&ots=PmDY18RbPX&sig=Te9YovkvAtvGhwltgeCVh3My3nw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CD8Q6AEwBjgKahUKEwig-OvD1MHIAhUFWj4KHQzbCJ4#v=onepage&q=Tilted Partial Collar&f=false

5. Old Error Guy

Old Error Guy Well-Known Member

This is a nice coin. Actually, I'm surprised ANACS gave that level of description. Was this a recent submission?

PS If you want more responses, break the coin out, beat it mercilessly with a pipe wrench and then scrape it along the sidewalk. That seems to work best.

6. dwhiz

Just got it back from ANACS yesterday 10/13/15
    I don't have a pipe wrench, I'll put it in the garbage disposal for a few seconds.
    Think that would work:D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  7. dwhiz

nh broadstruck 004a.JPG nh broadstruck 001a.JPG

prior to sending it in

KurtS likes this.
  8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

dwhiz and Old Error Guy like this.
  9. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

That's a nice error on a US quarter! I have a few Canadian cents like this--it was pretty common on some years.

10. physics-fan3.14

I am fully aware of what this error is. The link is good - but I would think the purpose of this forum is to share knowledge and help others learn. Just posting pictures of a coin with no description is... less than optimal. Just my opinion.

All they did was name the type of error. That isn't much description - that's what you get when you submit an error. It is no different than a slab designating "Off Center" or "Broadstruck."

11. Old Error Guy

Actually, it's the "tilted" that surprised me. From my experience they rarely go into subtypes like this. There are plenty of examples.

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. dwhiz

I had visit the Old Man Old Man of the Mt..jpg many times

paddyman98 likes this.
  13. dwhiz

I don't have any questions about it, if I did the internet is my friend.
    Also I see a lot of coins posted with no information posted so if I have a need for information I research it my self it's a good learning experience

jay4202472000 likes this.
  14. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

what's wrong with just wanting to share? the words are in the title and on the slab.

jay4202472000 likes this.
  15. bryantallard

they seem relatively common on the earlier years. I have only found them on P mints though.

16. Old Error Guy

Absolutely nothing!

It drives me crazy that someone will post a mangled piece of metal that no straight thinking person could possibly think it came from the mint and it will get PAGES of postings, yet someone shares a decent real error and gets criticized for his post.

Get real!!!!!

dwhiz and jay4202472000 like this.
  17. bryantallard

so just to clarify...you agree with me? lol

18. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

As far as I'm concerned, a little bragging on occasion is quite appropriate in numismatics. Despite the curmudgeons. :)

bryantallard likes this.
  19. Old Error Guy

I do!

20. physics-fan3.14

I wasn't criticizing the post. Its a nice coin. I was just hoping he'd describe it for people who don't know what it is. Sorry for hoping for some knowledge to be shared, and some learning to happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted