Featured Tiffany & Co. Elliott National Academy of Design 1875 First Prize Medal w/ Box!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by illini420, Jul 4, 2011.

1. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

royster likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Whipps

Whipps Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing and good for you for donating the piece. Certainly the right thing to do.

Endeavor and illini420 like this.
  4. Charles Commander

Charles Commander New Member

A marvelous find indeed. You mine friend have acquired the First Prize. Nice!

illini420 likes this.
  5. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

THATS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!! that's so cool that you won it and the story is AMAZING! its interesting to think about the impact that the metal had on the artists life

illini420 likes this.
  6. royster

royster southroy

This was indeed an interesting find and adventure and now in a museum for all to enjoy and maybe more information to be added to the story? Maybe the neatest part of the story was donateing it instead of taking the money well done! :)

7. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Very generous of you to donate the medal. Well done. Interesting story behind the medal as well. I'm thinking the story behind how it ended up in So Cal would be interesting as well. I wonder if the artist fell on hard times and was forced to sell the medal, eventually making its way to So Cal one dealer trade at a time...

Draft saved Draft deleted