Thursday Acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Andrew HK-coins, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Andrew HK-coins

Andrew HK-coins Make your own luck.

Just purchased this 1882-S Morgan. I won $50 on a scratch of this morning lol. I didn't have an '82 S, and I am happy with it minus the rims. What do you think?

Post todays acquisitions! IMAG2052.jpg IMAG2053.jpg

ValpoBeginner and Bret Swanie like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

I personally would have waited for a better looking coin. The rim damage and the Obverse scratches and dings really bring down the value. Maybe a 20$ coin. Just my opinion,

Paddy54 likes this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

ditto

Paddy54 likes this.
  5. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree. With a common date such as the '82-S you could find a very nice example for $50.00 without a whole lot of looking. If you paid bullion value for it, then it's just silver to add to the stack.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Double double ditto!

Chris

Paddy54 likes this.
  7. Bret Swanie

Bret Swanie Member

Are you happy with your purchase? Then that is all that matters. Well done with your lotto winnings!

bugo likes this.
  8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I can buy these in 62/63 ngc/pcgs graded under 50. I hope you didn't put the entire $ 50. as it only worth melt with that damage.

Markus1959 likes this.
  9. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

This may be comparing apples to oranges as I don't have any idea of the rarity of either coin, but I got a PCGS MS62 1883-O Morgan for $53. It's a lovely coin, probably undergraded. M62 isn't an especially high grade but the coin is MS when this 1882-S Morgan is obviously of a much lower grade.

10. Andrew HK-coins

Andrew HK-coins Make your own luck.

I paid $30 for it but he tossed in a 1949, 3 1954, and a 1964 Roosevelt's. For my dollar collections I look to get a low and high grade of each coin. So it was more of an impulse buy in passing, and it will do for my low grade on the 82 lol

Draft saved Draft deleted