Thoughts on a few gold coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Westtexasbound, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Westtexasbound

Westtexasbound Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Would be curious on opinions. The pictures are the best I could do.

swamp yankee likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

"The pictures are the best I could do." . . . aren't these photos the work of others?

4. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

In order to help you better - First a Question: Do YOU think the coins are under graded or correctly graded and WHY. Tell all of us what you think about EACH coin.

In Post#2 you are asked a question that I don't understand. Do you actually have the coins in your hand? Otherwise, I'm not wasting my time with you!

5. Westtexasbound

Purchase question. Not in possession. Which looks like the best example of a MS64

6. Westtexasbound

Yes. That is what I mean. Since these are a picture of another person and I don't have the coin...this is the best I can do for you when I ask your opinion

7. ToughCOINS

So, in essence, you are asking us which coin you should buy?

8. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

9. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

My opinion? I want them all.

Jdiablo30 likes this.
  10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Either or both of them would be welcome to jump into my collection. What kind of prices are you looking at?

11. Insider

:confused: ?? Please explain ?? Does that mean they cannot be graded?

12. jwitten

He said the pics were the best HE could do, but they were taken by others. Just a confusion of words. He meant he could not get any other pictures, but it made it sound like he took them himself.

Insider likes this.
  13. jwitten

14. Insider

The "haze" is called "skin" by the big guys. It is a plus on Saints; however, in a photo of a Saint, continuous hairlines from a light buffing can mimic the look of original "skin."

A Saint graded MS-64 SHOULD NOT have continuous hairlines; yet they do exist in MS-64 slabs and IMO it is not uncommon. I've seen them on coins that were attempted cross-overs. TPG's either forgot to tip & rotate coin and missed them (not likely 2-3 graders screwed up) OR MORE OFTEN the case (Remember this is my opinion only) the eye appeal, strike, and lack of marks rated the high grade.

Rheingold likes this.
  15. ToughCOINS

I think the first looks the nicest.

16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

No. 1 and no. 3 with the edge to no. 1. Just one opinion

17. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

I guess you had to get off your high horse since the rest of the crowd didn't mind answering a question for a fellow member. Be aware that you're not required to respond to a member question if you find it beneath you to do so. Just move on to the next thread.

Insider likes this.
  18. Rheingold

Rheingold Well-Known Member

I would buy coin 3 because of it' s originality.
    The 1927 Saint is one of the years with satiny surfaces and most eye appeal.
    Strike and color is usually good and superior.

19. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

The 1927 is a nice looking coin. Many 27s come with a frosty surface

20. ToughCOINS

Excuse me, but I wasn't on any horse at all.

I had to pause for a second, and question whether I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Frankly, I don't think I did.

Since when is it a problem for someone to try and understand what's being asked of them before answering? I hardly consider that to be looking down on someone.

Like it or not, some of us prefer a bit more information before offering up our thoughts.

Santinidollar likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted