Thoughts on 2006 20th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Tater, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I have been going through my collection and have been trying to downsize. Its just been too much to store and my taste have changed to other series than what I have collected in the past. I ordered a 20th anniversary silver eagle set from the mint back in the day and am debating weather to hold it long term, ie till I die, sell as is, or send to grade? I'm not a big time silver eagle collector, I do have a complete set of the BU issues but no proofs other than what's in the 2006 and 2011 sets. I do find these sets cool, but at the same time I'm not in love with them. I'd probably move the value into gold or a high grade peace dollar. I see there is some up swing if you can get them all to get a 70 grade it increases the value considerable but its risky. What's everyone's thoughts on these 20th and even the 25th anniversary sets?

Mods if this belongs in the bullion section can you please move it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The only one of those sets thats really not worth grading is the 2013. The 2011 and 06 both have big bumps for 70s, even if you just get 70s on the RPs you should come out ahead, these can be graded as moderns so it's only $16 a coin plus shipping and handling

Draft saved Draft deleted