Thought For Coins Show Searches

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Randy Abercrombie, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Yes I did.

Never seen that.

Discover a lot of the things you noted on Day one are gone. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Hypothetically...if you could have everybody at a coin show find what they wanted in 2 hours and then get out....the place would be deserted by noon. :wideyed:

I know, extreme, but you get my point.:D

I think it might be best to do this for OBSCURE coins or HARD TO FIND coins. For instance, if you want ONLY a Wire Rim HR Saint, maybe they list the 2 or 3 or 10 dealers with such a coin. But quite frankly, I am content to walk the floor and look and find the coins myself. Quite frankly, it's half the fun of getting coins or bills.:D

It takes me 15-20 minutes to go through 40 tables/dealers or so at a local show....so maybe it takes 2-3 hours to get through a big show with 600 dealers (figure some tables you have zero interest in what they have).

I'm all for helping those who are time-pressed. Myself, I'm going to FUN for the 1st time ever and plan on looking into every glass case. :D

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  4. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Boy, did this turn out to be true for me at my 1st FUN Show this past January.

Thankfully, the CT folks helped me and after a complete waste on Day 1, I had a very productive Day 2 and Day 3.

I'll be better prepared next time. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted