Thomas C number 10 to 7 (more coming)

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Thomas c, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Thomas c

Thomas c Veni, vidi, vici, Julius Caesar

Well here i finish my first half year of collecting, I buy uncleaned hoards (most of you say its a waste of money/time) well i am here to prove you wrong ( my collection consists of mostly of 2nd to 3rd century) so without delaying any longer:

This coin is part of my first uncleaned hoard and one of the reasons i started collecting. this coin is worth half of what i payed for the hoard.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Legend: CONSTANTINVS IVN NOB C
    Type: Bust of Constantine II, laureate, cuirassed, right
    GLOR-IA EXERC-ITVS
    Type: Two soldiers, helmeted, draped, cuirassed, standing facing each other, each holding spear in outer hand and resting inner hand on shield; between them, two standards
    Mint: siscia.

my first coin of Julia domna is this with a stunning portrait:
    upload_2019-12-15_15-32-7.png
    upload_2019-12-15_15-32-54.png
    Legend: IVLIA AVGVSTA
    Type: Bust of Julia Domna, hair waved and coiled at back, draped, right

Legend: IVNO REGINA S
    Type: Juno, draped, standing left, holding patera in extended right hand and sceptre in left hand; at feet, left, peacock.

Nice little coin of Remus and Remulas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next one is a coin of Tacitus and i will say; its a stunning coin:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (not fully clean as you can see)

Legend: IMP C M CL TACITVS AVG
    Type: Bust of Tacitus, radiate, draped, right or bust of Tacitus, radiate, cuirassed, right

Legend: SPES PVBLICA
    Type: Victory, winged, draped, standing right, holding palm, presenting wreath to Tacitus, standing left, holding sceptre
    275 CE
    mint: cyzcus

Don't have time to post more So i'll be posting soon:D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Those are some nice coins for coming from uncleaned lots! I didn't get much of anything worthwhile when I cleaned mine up. It was a fun process though. I still have some soaking in DW and olive oil to see if I can't get something to come from them. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your top 10!

4. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Good coins considering they came from unclean lots. However, how many slugs did you find while finding these gems? When I did buy unclean lots, almost 9 out of 10 turned out to be slugs or near slugs. You did well finding these.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  5. Thomas c

Thomas c Veni, vidi, vici, Julius Caesar

I usually inspecte the pictures to see how many coins have details. You can usually see them poking out of the dirt. Mine are like 4 identifiable 4 high grade and two slugs. In a lot of 10. I bought three lots from the eBay seller: Claudius_gothicus_ii
    I found a Hostilian AE27 a few others I'm going to post. And the 9 to 7. Too bad he stop selling :(

Roman Collector likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted