This Poor Seller...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Endeavor, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Maybe he's closing down and just wants to get it over with?

4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Truthfully, I'm confused. I'm not able to see bidding history which makes me think there are no bids. Am I missing something? This is something he could've taken to the bank and at least broken even. He's probably going to be down to about $2-4 at the end of all the fees and shipping.

Endeavor likes this.
  5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

If you look at his other auctions they are priced higher. Something tells me this must have been a typo when he created the auction.

Endeavor, Blissskr and Seattlite86 like this.
  6. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Could have been a cheap loss-leader to build clientele.

Paul M. and Endeavor like this.
  7. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Also there's nothing to stop him from just cancelling the buyers bid and refunding using whatever excuse he feels like. Ebay would probably even remove a neg if the buyer left one if he talked to them.

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

You start the bidding low and sometimes things like this happen.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Or, much more likely, you mistakenly enter your "Opening Bid" as a "Buy It Now" price.

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I have had sellers who don't honor the bid price. If you don't mind a negative, eBay also allows you to back out or simply not pay. Even the seller will not ship an item knowing that it is under sold until you get tired of not receiving it. Complain to eBay and they will refund your money, but you will never get the item for the selling price. It works both ways but not very positively. You can get screwed either way. It maybe a legal contract, buy no one enforces it for a few measly dollars. Measly can be up to $500. Learn to live in the real world.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted