This place rocks

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by maridvnvm, Dec 16, 2017.

1. maridvnvm

maridvnvm Well-Known Member

I would like to say a big thank you to @Severus Alexander . I had immense amouts of fun with his "Group lot goodies" thread (https://www.cointalk.com/threads/group-lot-goodies-83-x-fun-plus-a-draw.305663/) attempting to idenify coins from little snippets of images. After he drew out a random winner to select a coin from the lot he did contact me and offered me a coin too. I declined his generous offer and we agreed that he would let me buy a coin from the lot instead (at a more than reasonable price).

I had to choose a Falling Horseman type from am issue that I didn't have and now that it has made it's way across the pond wanted to share it with you all.

Constantius II - AE2

Obv:– D N CONSTANTIVS P F AVG, Pearl diademed, draped, cuirassed bust right
    Rev:– FEL TEMP RE-PARATIO, Helmeted soldier left, shield on left arm, spearing falling horseman; shield at ground to right. Horseman turns to face the soldier, and reaches his left arm up towards him. He is bare headed and is beardled
    Minted in Cyzicus (Gamma | _ // SMKB)
    Reference:- RIC VIII Cyzicus 92

[​IMG]

Many Thanks @Severus Alexander. An example of why this place is such a great place to be.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

It is a beautiful coin, lucky too. Congrats

GerardV likes this.
  4. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

A very sweet coin. Definitely a great group of people here.

5. GerardV

GerardV Well-Known Member

You ain't just whistling Dixie when you say this is a great group!

6. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

I'm happy to have contributed, even in a tiny way, to your amazing collection, Martin. Even if you wouldn't let me give it to you. ;) (It seems to me that the expert regulars who help me and others so often don't get enough surprise bonus coins! Though of course I mainly love to see the YNs and other resource-limited collectors get the prizes.)

[Edit: and I forgot to add, it's great for new recruits to the Dark Side to get them too!]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Johndakerftw, randygeki and Curtisimo like this.
  7. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

It should be pointed out that this place rocks because of members like @Severus Alexander AND you, Martin. The nice coins are a bonus :).

Draft saved Draft deleted