This is one strange coin!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Kelly goff, Nov 17, 2015.

1. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

But that's not THE 1958 DDO.

silentnviolent likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kelly goff

Kelly goff New Member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    Coinattic_Hunter69 S likes this.
  4. Kelly goff

Kelly goff New Member

Curious what makes one error "better" than another. As I understand it, the severity of the doubling is a factor, but this coin looks like a really good ddo to me.

5. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Coinattic_Hunter69 S Full Fledged Optimist

I wonder... Well, why don't use the exp that you've acquired so many years to help you examine the device and f you still can see the "die markers" than I suggest you check in for some glasses..

6. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Thank you so much Kelly goff, also I advise you must remember this sometimes these ppl, they tend to choose, and "accept"what they want to see... Keep this in mind.

7. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

No one feared you, sir; this I can promise. Perhaps laughed at, not due to ignorance, but your otherworldly blindness and obstinance.

Now, please... take that "gem" somewhere it's nothingness can better be appreciated, and waste no more of your surely precious time on we lowlifes. Might I suggest a gumball machine?

8. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

I have been contacted by Enthusiast's, Moderators from "various" forums asking if I would like to Attribute the device. So, you see disregarding and choosing to perceive with "ignorance" the true nature of the device when the device itself "States The Truth" choosing to ignore this you are either an Illusionist or not being honest with yourself. For what you say have no merit to say its norm. when the obvious is right in front of your EYE'S anyone else who AGREE'S to this is just those ppl who are part of the team that I don't really think to much of unless otherwise.

9. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Now, please... take that "gem" somewhere it's nothingness can better be appreciated, and waste no more of your surely precious time on we lowlifes. Might I suggest a gumball machine?[/QUOTE]

I honestly think some ppl actually wishes that, some of the devices acquired, the findings brought forth by novice collectors THEY wish the devices go back into circulation... Can I be blamed to think like this? Well, when all of sudden Enthusiast's have "episodes" of losing common sense, fail mentality in deciphering the obvious, and the novice becomes the enthusiast's... Not me. lol this is no joke. ha ha.

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'm just looking at the OP coin. It's interesting. The top of the ear looks doubled to me. Maybe it's just hair detail that has worn to look like the ear but it sure looks close in shape.

11. BooksB4Coins

Then why are you here? If you've all these nameless "enthusiasts" and "moderators" from such surely learned forums knocking on your door, why lower yourself by participating here? Of course, we both know why... no one is telling you the coin is DDO#1, or that you've not one but THREE 69-S DDO#1s, or whatever other nonsense you've come here to troll. It's just more dreamland BS coming from a blathering idiot.

silentnviolent and Jwt708 like this.
  12. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Kelly goff, you have no idea... With a DSL'R CAM the device in speaking is nothingless from the genuine's listed on Wexler's and official sites. I would also like to advise never never make a post of any "image" that is not pro grade by this I mean super "QUALITY" even then it may be dis-regard. My photo is an "exception" because of prominent doubling on the device itself, anyone who doesn't agree their not being honest with themselves AS YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF THE DOUBLING but the enthusiast's cannot? Now, I've mentioned this before "commented above" the novice becomes the enthusiast's. I find this very "strange" nevertheless, I didn't come here seeking answer's or do I need any to make a point the opinion's don't matter.

13. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

You are correct, I was not contacted personally, but through message and was contact by just 2 personnel. Both very knowledgeable and capable one is a Moderator and the other is "not" however he is a Certified Attribute and not at all beneath in expertise. As you wish I shall take my leave if it calms you. Thank you, for the conversation and don't be surprise when in 1 or 6 months from now you read articles and see announcing's the discovery of a 4th 1958 DDO-001.

14. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

15. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

I see another enthusiast with "episode's" of loss common sense and visual... How interesting yet not interesting but "strange" yes strange indeed... Esp, now that I'm proficient in numistic. Im starting to really think.... some of the experts on here are no experts at all...

16. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

17. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

18. BooksB4Coins

That's exactly what it is, and you're certainly right in that the shape is very similar, but is unfortunately just a coincidence and one exaggerated by the image.

Kelly,

Be very careful what and who you believe on this site. While there are wonderful and knowledgeable individuals willing to help and share, there unfortunately are others who couldn't care less about providing the correct information, and care more about trying to make themselves out to be some sort of "expert". Such behavior can be beyond damaging to this hobby, and deserves to be treated like the infection it is. Short of those who only roll search, this hobby costs money, be it the few extra dollars one guy can afford to many hundreds of thousands and more another guy can; it's a lot of money to the individual, and there's little else that can turn a budding collector into an ex than poor advice resulting in wasted money.

For your own peace of mind and education, I respectfully suggest you closely compare this thing's coin shown on page 1 (post #20 - don't be fooled by the camera shake) to the known genuine variety shown in the below link. If the night and day differences are not immediately clear, try placing the photos side-by-side, but if you're capable of seeing the difference between oh, I don't know, a bumble bee and a dump truck, you shouldn't have any problems... it's really THAT obvious.

http://www.usacoinbook.com/us-coins/1958-doubled-die-obverse-lincoln-wheat-cent.jpg

19. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

But your coin is not a DDO-001. It has some doubling but looks nothing like this: http://www.lincolncentresource.com/images/1958_ddo_1_obv.JPG

tomfiggy likes this.
  20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Ok, what kinda left turn was taken here. I can't even understand half of what coinattic is trying to convey. This now feels like a full on faux techmind thread but without the fun :bag:

This is not fair to kelly and as a newb I'd be confused as heck. Wait, I'm not one and I'm still confused.

21. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Was there a rule about thread-dumping? This poster "coinattic" is absolutely dumping all over this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted