This is like adding fuel to the fire . . . . . . .

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by ZoidMeister, Mar 22, 2024.

1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

I am 95% sure this will result in a new onslaught of questions and crappy photos of roadkill coins. I am 99% sure that those questions and photos will come from folks who have never purchased or read this, but are emboldened just by its existance . . . . . .

Of what am I referencing? This book of course.

Z

upload_2024-3-22_13-46-40.png

71Avalon, Eric the Red and paddyman98 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

So, this means I'll have to purchase the book to find out which coins out of my pocket change I'll get rich from. How many errors found in circulation can there be that would make me rich? The only three I can think of would be the copper 1943 penny, the 1982D small date non-zinc penny and the 1965 silver quarter. Maybe not exactly "rich" but worth a considerable something.

And finding one of these three in my pocket change would be like waking up tomorrow and being 17 years old again. Not happening.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I own one..
    It's a good book. I have no issues with it.
    Great references to coins that are really hard to actually find in circulation. But hey, you'll never know!

5. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

But like the title says, will you become rich?

There's a guy who claims he won the lottery jackpot 5 to 8 times, so he wrote a book about how he did it. I think my odds are the same for both books.

71Avalon and eddiespin like this.
  6. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

The book is actually fine but I do agree the title is quite repetitive.

71Avalon and Kevin Mader like this.
  7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I am somewhat surprised that it is listed as it does seem to be an free advertisement . In the past just listing the title of the book. author(s) and where one could find it was sometime questionable for moderators .

8. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

The only people who get rich are the people who write the books!

9. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

I didn't know that was "A Thing" . . . . .

Where do I sign up!

Ken Potter is a respectable numismatic authority. I take no exception to him writing this. The title however, is a bit disingenuous.

Those I take issue with are folks who don't buy and READ the book, but jump on CT looking for other members to confirm their latest asphalt cent is the next biggest undiscovered . . . . . . . . .
    upload_2024-3-22_16-41-26.png
    Rant off.

Z

71Avalon, SensibleSal66 and dwhiz like this.
  10. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

ok i have a copy of that book cause i do look though pocket change as for people why gripe people have always been after easy money for 1000's of yrs
    and it will keep going as that is the mindset of many this or that is easy street

71Avalon and SensibleSal66 like this.
  11. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

“Strike it Rich with Pocket Change” or the alternative “Make Pocket Change with Pocket Change”

I think you’ll sell more books with the former over the latter, but it is a teeny bit deceptive. :)

71Avalon, eddiespin and ZoidMeister like this.
  12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

More like strike it rich with writing books.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
  13. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

"Strike it Rich With Betting on Horses," by Eddie Spin. Only $39.95. Mention CoinTalk, only $49.95.

Draft saved Draft deleted