This is..... different

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by James Pence, Apr 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I guess your pointing out that I probably didn't get it right.. :(

That's ok. It's not the end of the world :wacky:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

It is only my opinion and I have been wrong in my assessment on a number of occasions. ;)

4. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT. You are going to see many anomalies on Zincoln's after 1982. There are errors, but very few. Keep up the good search, the good one's will come!

5. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

...just a contact mark across the top of the A...jmho...Spark

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Damaged. So many still think that rolls are done at the mint whereas currently the cents are dumped into large ballistic bags of over 3000lbs and transported to the buyers that roll them for banks and other companies needing a large volume. So the coins are not nestled inside the bags protected from others, the ones on the bottom have thousands of pounds pressure on the poor zinc cents from all angles. The contacts marks such as these are from a rim edge hitting at the best angle to do so.

Some ebay sellers offer roll wrappers that are purposely printed to look like the old bank wrappers , some even use a coarse paper you can rub the ends to appear old and original. Beware of thinking a roll is original due to the wrapper, the coins inside have likely been examined and good ones removed. Jim

Kevin Mader and eddiespin like this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome @James Pence. Have you watched a video of coins being made at the mint? They are not treated with kid gloves and I'm surprised more aren't damaged. Could what happen to your coin happen at the Mint. Yes, but it wouldn't be a Mint error. But, that being said, as pointed out, the mint does not roll coins, a third party contractor does, so anything could have struck that coin between the mint and people rolling it. It is just PMD in my opinion.
    <iframe width="841" height="473" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mc3t3IVkq60" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

From a distance I thought it looked like an asterisk in the "A". Closer pix posted shows it looks more like it took a hit, as others have also mentioned.

9. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the smile. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted