This is a very strange coin?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Coinattic_Hunter69 S, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Coinattic_Hunter69 S Full Fledged Optimist

Had this for a while I've always thought this penny was stranger than the other's all the letters "IN GOD WE TRUST" ect. looked very weird, bulky looking and very wide, doesn't look like die deter, fatigue, or machine doubling either so I wonder? Any ideas of what it may be? Thank you all is appreciated. See photo's below

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Had this for a while I've always thought this penny was stranger than the other's all the letters "IN GOD WE TRUST" ect. looked very weird, bulky looking and very wide, doesn't look like die deter, fatigue, or machine doubling either so I wonder? Any ideas of what it may be? Thank you all is appreciated. See photo's below

Attached Files:

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Looks normal other than the color. If the color is correct it might be a "Yellowjacket" ( improper alloy mix).

Dans Coins likes this.
  5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Looks like it has a collar clash

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Normal to me but the color is off. Light from the photos?

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

normal

Dans Coins likes this.
  8. Treashunt

nothing wrong

9. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Cascade, very good observation it sure seems like it. thank you, suggestion taken into consideration.

10. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

That would be correct the 2 photo posted was from a series of bad photo shots taken last night.. Long story will see if I can get some more posted today some that's clear.

11. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Is it just me? Or is there something going ON in letter "G" in GOD, word "WE" and numeral "1" in date 1969?

12. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Why are you posting this in multiple places? That's considered pretty bad manners. IGWT didn't look abnormal in your other thread, and it doesn't look abnormal here.

13. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

yes....

14. Treashunt

ditto

15. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Very slight common misalignment strike.

Coinattic_Hunter69 S likes this.
  16. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Looks fine to me too .

17. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Sorry, fella's been busy with work. Thank you guys for taking the time to look. The photo was a little far off may be hard to evaluate so here are some better shots not the best but much better to analyze those with experience I appreciate if you guys would take another look share your thoughts and opinion. Thank you

Attached Files:

18. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

its in a holder, any chance we can see it out of the holder and a little better look at the rim and edge? I think I see what looks like a double rim? which would be how the coin was positioned when struck.
    and what does the reverse look like?

19. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I see nothing unusual about the coin. If it were in my pocket, I'd spend it and not think twice about it.

20. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Please, please don't tell me we're back on this (again).... if the same examples shown before, they're still not the doubled die you have so often claimed. If different coins, they too are not of the variety. If asking about something else, perhaps it would be best if you would explain.

21. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Okay, more pictures lots I think worth taking a look? Um, thinking a new discovery? BooksB4Coins, please could you tell if date 1969 is machine doubled or doubleddie? How about on Liberty mechanical or doubled? I posted 2 shots each from a different angle from the same device so everyone can better assess. I'm having trouble deciphering because this coin very strange.. Thanks you guys

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted