This is a tough thing for me to post...One of our own has passed

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Log Potato, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Elbesaar (MFH) (Mike Hayes) has passed. I really don't want to post this, but I know he touched a lot of people here. This is from the PCGS forums from one of his closest friends.

Labelman87 Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    July 24, 2017 8:01PM
    It is with a heavy heart and much sadness that I must report the death of Mike Hayes this morning. He was a great friend to many of us and I can't begin to tell how much I will miss him. I really don't know what to say but I wished to let everyone know this terrible news.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

This is such a shock. I don't know what to say. Mike lived just south of me in Naples, FL, and I wish that we could have gotten together more often. I really enjoyed seeing his toner collection of Barber Dimes at the Ft. Myers Coin Club Show and the occasional times when we got together at the FUN Show. Mike will definitely be missed.

Chris

4. robec

robec Junior Member

No!!!

Such a great guy and great collector. We shared the same birthday and year. He will be missed.

RIP Mike!

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I didn't know Mike personally, but I did enjoy looking at the coins he posted. I shall miss his posts.

6. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Very sad news. RIP Mike.

7. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

I saw this on the PCGS board and was stunned. I had known Mike for several years and had the chance to photograph many of his coins. He had a good eye for quality and freely shared that with others. He was often an instructor and/or YN counselor at the ANA Summer Seminar. Last night I went through pictures I had taken and posted a pictorial tribute to Mike with a handful of his coins on the PCGS board here. Each of his coins stood on its own as a cool coin. Together, they made a great collection.

Draft saved Draft deleted