THIS EVER HAPPEN TO YOU?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I have found more than one dime in penny rolls and kept them if I find a shortage in a roll I do not return it fair is fair I consider it a push! Be safe all...

SmokinJoe and Cheech9712 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. usmc 6123

usmc 6123 Active Member

A person in a ticket booth at a carnival gave me $50 in tickets and gave me my $50 back. I walked around giving the tickets to young boys and girls so they could ride free then I went home.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  4. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Damn. 9ball. If I played you, guess I would have to call all my shots. You too. If I get a shot Lol

5. Cheech9712

That’s funny

6. Cheech9712

Lol. Make sure @cpm9ball is behind you. Will make the tellers day I tell ya. You members are great. I laugh often on cointalk

SmokinJoe likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I wouldn't make you call your shots. The last time I played pool with one of my coin-collecting friends, we were at a pool room in Orlando during the FUN Show. We played for several hours, and I finally decided to let him win a game, the last game, before we quit. ~ Chris

SmokinJoe likes this.
  8. Cheech9712

I do the same.

9. Cheech9712

I want you as my neighbor. Good job

SmokinJoe and Collecting Nut like this.
  10. Cheech9712

What’s that mean? Me DUH

11. Cheech9712

Yeah. I let that slide too. Makes up for the Canadian coins I get. I get so many I bought Canada coin books. Not doing to well filling them. But I do kinda eat for free when I go to Toronto

12. Cheech9712

Here’s a good one. Was in Lewiston Ny one day and only had like five bucks on me. Was the peach festival. Many years ago. Had my first grand baby with me Was standing next to the Lions club tent. When I mentioned I only had enough for one ride A lions member over heard me and gave Sean wrist band for all the rides. I now donate to the lions club yearly

13. Cheech9712

Ahhhhhh. That’s what I’m talking about

14. Cheech9712

You know what. I’ve been trying to to trade W quarters and had two members stiff me. But you know what. It doesn’t suc so bad because over all. Most member are honest and thankful. This really lifts up my spirits coz I love getting thanks form you members. A couple of bad apples won’t change me.

masterswimmer likes this.
  15. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

As a new CPA, I was assigned to watching the tellers to document their procedures. The first day, I watched a teller "cash out" (meaning to balance her drawer. I noticed that she got her purse and took out some money and put it in her drawer so it would balance. The next day, she took out some money from her drawer and put it in her purse. (The second day, the manager was watching also.) The manager asked that I accompany him into his office with the teller. He asked me to explain to him and the teller what I saw. I was astounded with her response. She told me that the banks policy is if the drawer is out of balance, tellers are to report it to the manager, so, when she was short, she took money out of her purse and put it in her drawer and the second day, she was over, so she took money out of her drawer and put it in her purse. She evidently did not know why the policy was set. Anyway, she was terminated immediately. The manager told me that a teller that would take a penny, might take a $20 bill and that the money did not belong to the bank, it was the customer's money. After 30 plus years as a CPA, I have stories to fill a book about crooked people. As a supervisor told me, "People are only as honest as they have to be.")

16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice and very touching.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  17. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

Most people today would not do what you did usmc 6123, and that tells me you
    are a really good person.Just wondering if someone like this helped you become the good person you are today

Attached Files:

Cheech9712 likes this.
  18. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I like finding all silver Mercury dimes in mine. LOL As for the guitar pick, it was so thin that if probably didn't displace a nickel, so no lost, only a gain. LOL

SmokinJoe likes this.
  19. SmokinJoe

There are good people in this world, that's for sure....But it does seem to be getting harder and harder to find them....

Cheech9712 likes this.
  20. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I wonder if bank tellers go on high alert when customers come in wearing masks? LOL
    Like you, I believe in always doing the right thing. What goes around, comes around. I had a guy in front of me pay for my single item at a drug store once, and ever since then, I will do the same for someone else. The good feeling I get outweighs the money. I once gave a guy down on his luck, a thousand dollars so he could buy a car as he lived miles from town and stores. Never even got a thank you, but still made me feel good.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    SmokinJoe likes this.
  21. SmokinJoe

You got a big heart Mountain Man

Draft saved Draft deleted