This CoinTalk thread was viewed 25,501 times ?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collect89, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

This CoinTalk thread was viewed 25,501 times ?
    http://www.cointalk.com/t95413/

I was searching for a CT thread that contained a particular word & this 2010 thread was at the top of the resulting search list. The darn thing has been viewed 25,501 times!

I suspect that people doing Google searches for the subject were given the CoinTalk thread as a popular hit which caused them to view it. I don’t think the folks that posted in the thread (including me) expected their writings to be viewed by 25,000 folks.

Here is the question that comes to mind-
    What CT thread has been viewed the most times?

I did a cursory review & I see that “Your newest foreigh acquisition” has been viewed 32,954 times.
    http://www.cointalk.com/t165399/

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Probably the roll searcher's thread, it has nearly a million views.

4. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Thank you Peter.

I noticed several GOOD informative CT threads that had about 6,000 views. Only a couple of them were started by me :rolleyes:

It is obvious that we should all strive to be careful, accurate, & courteous when we post at CT. A lot of people (young & old) may search a subject on the Internet & ultimately view our threads. I think in most cases, the reader takes away something good from their visit to CT.

5. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

These are not all human folks, hefty portion of these views are indexing bots, spam post attempts, automated malware vulnerabilities scans and such.

6. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

It certainly sounds like you know what you are talking about. Those things you list probably account for a portion of every CT viewed thread.

In the case of the $2 bill thread, I figured a majority of the hits were caused by the $2 marketing company taking out 2-page color advertisements in every major newspaper across the USA.

7. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Funny thing is more than 4/5 of this traffic these days are from abroad.

8. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

If you click on the "Views" header while in a specific forum it will sort the threads in order by most to fewest views.

9. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

For CoinTalk, 85% of the people who visit are from the USA.

Draft saved Draft deleted