Thinking about placing an order with the Royal Mint (UK)

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Teddydogno1, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

They have a coin that I'd like to get a couple of and the one place in the US where I found them is a lot more expensive. I only need to order 3 to get the price down below the single-item cost here and on eBay. It is the Outbreak of WWI 20 Pound coin, btw.

Anyone else interested in piggy-backing on an order from the RM to divide shipping costs? IM or email me if interested in this.

Anyone have any recent experience ordering directly from the RM to the US? About how long to receive? Thanks!

Rob

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ed23

Ed23 Active Member

I don't know about the Royal Mint shipping time, but I often buy coins and tokens from dealers in the UK and it takes 5 to 10 days to get an order.

I don't understand your reluctance to buy in the US. The cost from the RM is 20 pounds, plus 12.50 pounds s/h. At current exchange rates that's $50.56 US. One dealer (in Texas) has one listed on eBay for $50 delivered. See it at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Outbre...0094917?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item20f34146c5

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
    mlov43 likes this.
  4. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Hey man, you'd better hurry up and buy that one from that ebay listing that Ed23 shared with you. Because if you don't, I will...:vamp:

I always try to purchase locally, unless buying directly from the mint is cheaper.

Thanks for the heads-up on that coin.

5. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

Not reluctant to buy local, BTW. But I want at least two of them. Apmex has them for $43-44 dollars and are still offering free shipping over $99. Two directly from RM comes to about $82 (53.30 pounds x $1.56), so cheaper than two from Apmex (by a little) and the saving go up from there if more is purchased.

Rob

6. mark240590

mark240590 Rule Britannia !

I bought the first one and wasnt gunna bother with the 2nd but it looked so good. It wasnt such a problem ordering from the RM Since i live in England :)

Draft saved Draft deleted