Thinking about first submission to ANACS... hints, tips, advice?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dougmeister, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Thinking about taking advantage of their Summer Special, which @Cascade told me about (thanks again): "8 coins for $75 out the door with return shipping included! You simply can't beat that."

Any advice for a first-timer? How to mail them? Do I insure them? I know nothing about this. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I think there is an addition promo too right now.... let me check

4. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Nope, you got it right. The promo was 5 for $75, but they are including an additional 3 right now, so you were right. I've submitted a few times to them.. stuff I want to grade for cheap, or carr pieces. I actually need to get a few more of more carr pieces sent in soon. Everything is pretty easy. Just fill out the form, protect your coins, and mail them in. I usually insure packages I send to grading companies, as it is usually several coins worth a decent amount. It's up to you though if you want to take the risk of not insuring.

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I usually send subs registered mail but that's because the total value of my submissions is typically $1k-3k

Edit: If the amount of the coins is less than $1k just do priority flat rate and insure for full value

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Package well, file out the form legibly and insure it!

[plus pay their fee]

7. JAY-AR

JAY-AR Well-Known Member

Doug, I've been sending coins to ANACS for a couple years now...I send them priority small box which comes with $50 free insurance. Cost about $7-$8, gets there in 2 days. If you create an account, "Insider account" (free) you will be able to track your submission. So you'll know when they rec'vd your submission. Hope this helps and good luck!:happy:

8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I don't send ANACS anything that couldn't be replaced so for me Priority mail is sufficient. You can always put a box inside one of the priority mail bubble mailers too if you want to be extra cautious. Express mail would work too if you wanted it there a little faster. I would go with the insurance on the package but some people do leave it off to save a bit of money which in the long run is probably cheaper if you submit a lot, for a every now and then submission though I would use insurance.

It's pretty straight forward though, they should send an email to the address you put down when it gets there and then the waiting game begins. If you don't have an online account already you can set it up before or after they have initially processed it and it'll tell you when it's done and been shipped and all that.

The one thing I would say is with the specials, don't expect them to ever get done ahead of schedule. I've never had a special submission finish early and usually they go a few days late which makes sense they prioritize the more expensive fees first

9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

The specials are usually on the economy tier, so you need to be patient and stand in line for awhile. Other than that, all the advice above is good. Create an account before you submit and you will have a customer ID # to add to the form. And don't forget to add the special code in the proper place to insure you get the special.

10. Dougmeister

How careful to do I have to be about dust? I have taken all of them out of their 2x2 flips at least once, one I bought used from eBay, and a few I have cut the 2x2's in half, just leaving the "pocket" side so dust may have gotten in.

Should I acetone-treat all of them before I submit them?

11. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I always acetone the ones both from him and aftermarket buys when I get them then put them back in the flip. Don't know why you would cut the insert side of the flip off?

12. Dougmeister

I was in "a mood". I was thinking of displaying them that way... not sure what I was thinking.

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Well put them in new flips with corresponding inserts and submit them that way.

14. Old Coin Dawg

Old Coin Dawg Active Member

You just have to jump in and find out for yourself. You will find that you like some of it and some you don't. You will adjust to what you want and do not want.
    I think the offer is a great one and would take for myself.
    Old Coin Dawg

Draft saved Draft deleted