Think this Mercury Dime makes ms65?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by swagge1, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I'm in the 65fb crowd except that rim. All depends if that comes of from NGC to me.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Late tonight. I had to unexpectedly put both of my cats down this week and have my younger sisters birthday tonight. Been a rough week! Gonna mail it out tomorrow if you like the pics.

4. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

Sounds good Merc. Please take your time. Im sorry to hear about your cats. I'm a cat lover myself, although highly allergic :( Can you guide me to a NCS price guide of some sort so that I can get an estimation on what conservation fees might be? Thanks again- Scott W.

5. Merc Crazy

I would just use a combination of recent HA.com auctions, Ebay Auctions, and numismedia value. Probably won't get your pics up until later than midnight, EST. If I'm still not satisfied with the quality of them, I might hold onto it until Tuesday (I work this weekend, off Tuesday) and mail it back then. The clarity and sharpness won't be any better, that's about as good as it gets, but tweaking with the light might do more to define the devices from the fields and vice versa.

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

I find it very curious ANY dealer would leave that coin in a ICG slab. They would be leaving quite a bit of money on the table, and generally dealers aren't in the business to do that. Frankly, I'm worried the results from NGC/PCGS will not live up to your expectations and I wonder if the rim is not the cause. I certainly hope I'm wrong and the coin comes back 5FSB!!!

7. Leadfoot

p.s. Merc, I'm sorry for your loss. I had to put my cat of 16 years down the week before last, and I know just how hard it can be. :(

8. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I'm sorry to hear that. i love my cat. She is a special animal indeed.

[video]http://www.mrbrklyn.com/images/sam.avi[/video]

[​IMG]

9. Merc Crazy

I wasn't happy with any of the pics I took tonight, so I'll try again later and mail it back to you on Tuesday.

Here's the two we just lost; Rex and Gizmo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Twins... guess they are born together and die together.

10. Leadfoot

Here's my dearly departed Sassy:

[​IMG]

I miss her. :(

11. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I'd tell a wonderful story of how we aquired our cat, but I just don't know how much I should drag this thread off in this direction.

Ruben

12. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

Update: I sent the coin off to NCS then onward to NGC yesterday. I'll post again when the results come back. Thanks again for the pictures MercCrazy.

13. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

Results are in ater going to NCS and grading by NGC. It was shipped back to me today. Im pleased of the results... Ill post results with a pic when it comes in.

Draft saved Draft deleted