Things that make you go hmmmm. Coin related.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by BlackberryPie, Jun 20, 2022.

1. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

From a random ebay seller search. Notice anything to make you go hmmmm…. 7EE71375-E7EB-450C-BC4A-2D71BBADFDBF.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

I can't help but notice his incessant, annoying optimism... :D

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I would have gone with "vandalism", but OK. ;)

MIGuy and KBBPLL like this.
  5. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

I'm confused. The cheapest one is SPECTACULAR but the other two are just spectacular.

MIGuy likes this.
  6. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

Look at the prices on the middle two. I bet if I searched all his listings there’s a “$2468.10”

7. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

I for get the exact coin, but one piece the asking price was $75,075.00. They had a “make an offer” button. Do you think they would accept $75,000? How did they come up with the initial price?

As for the OP, it looks like this seller caters to collectors who have “toning disease syndrome.” I am glad I never contracted that ailment.

MIGuy likes this.
  8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

SPECTACULAR!!!

MIGuy likes this.
  9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

The question is what was the lowest they would accept? LOL

MIGuy likes this.
  10. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

The "Hmmm" was based on the added $75 to the $75,000. It's like they have automatic mark-up program that sets their prices.

This morning I placed a couple of bids with Heritage and was out bid, despite the fact that I was offering more than the same item had brought over the last few years. It's a PR-65 graded Washington Quarter. It is NGC graded with no CAC sticker.

Going by the photo, it has no crack out potential because it's got what appears to be a small straight scratch on Washington's cheek that precluded a higher grade. I bid on it because it looked like it has original surfaces, but small mark in a focal point is a limiting factor.

I read where some dealers are talking about a slow down in the previous hot market, but it seems like Heritage is still going great guns.

11. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

I see a slight slowdown in the buying of certain coins with toning. Seems the rising cost of gas and everything else has slowed people down from throwing moon money at some items.

12. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

Rhymes with Fartaficial Phoning! "Popular methods include treating the surface of a coin with liver of sulfur or inserting coins, typically silver coins, into a potato and baking it." Mmmmm baked potatoes and toned silver - I like mine with sour cream and chives.

johnmilton likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted