Things that make me laugh!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Boxeldercoin, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Boxeldercoin

Boxeldercoin New Member

I have been told a few things when dealing with coins over the years that have made me laugh and I would like to hear your odd stories. I will tell you a few. One dealer trying to sell me some over cleaned Walkers told me they were not cleaned that the shiny surfaces of the coins came from pocket rub. At a auction a few years back they had some black Morgans that were 4 grams to lite. The auctioneer told me that the coins were in a fire and the fire made some of the medal in the Morgans turn to gas making the coins the wrong weight. And the one I liked the best, When some Chinese coins I was looking at stuck to my magnet I was told this is caused by the coins coming to America by ship and having past the equator making them magnetic. I would love to here some of your stories. Jim

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. George8789

George8789 Leaving CoinTalk for good

When people say the silver coins are pre 64. No there not it's pre 65. I'll gladly pay you face for all your 64 dated junk.

4. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

But HSN told me they're worth THOUSANDS of dollars, when they sold them to me. :?/

5. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

"Now you can reserve your own tribute copy of the $50 gold Buffalo, clad in 14 mg of pure gold. The final issue price was to be set at $50 per proof, but during our special release, this 24k pure gold clad masterpiece can be yours for only $9.95."

6. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

"Please don't buy my coins as genuine. I sell them only to make your collection more perfect."

The "J-man's" disclaimer back in the days before he was NARU'd (and before eBay's ban on the sales of replicas).

Draft saved Draft deleted