The W’s are still out there!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by mullinax01, Feb 7, 2023.

1. mullinax01

mullinax01 Member

Been a little while since I found one, but they are still out there!

Attached Files:

dwhiz and CoinCorgi like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

I've only found 1. Too much competition in SoCal maybe ;)

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Hard to find in my area.

5. Asher

Asher Active Member

The whole "coin shortage" thing with the reality of stores posting such signs and the increasing use of debit/credit cards put a big damper on the "W" search. I realize part of it is location dependent and social attitudes. Also the "Women's Quarters" program is probably suffering hard in getting the message out. I've had one quarter that I can remember.

But as been proven, the 50-state quarter program exceeded everyone's expectations in terms of getting regular folk searching their change and potentially trying to collect one of each example, P and D. I don't think it will be duplicated. The National Park program to me was beautiful reverse design and educational but there is nothing comparable to people's familiarity and love for their state and some historical facts about it.

I remember when I lived in Seattle my ex-BF's mother was once such a collector and since my family was based in the east coast, every time I visited Maryland, she would ask for certain P mint quarters.

Personally I found the NP quarters an outstanding design with the reverse maintaining a stylistic design of a ring around the NP design that allowed no detracting text in the inner design itself. I did work on collecting the entire Silver Proof version of all these coins. And I'll continue with the American Women Quarters. Also going as far back as when the Start Quarters started being produced in the silver proof. I have a wish that the Mint would produce the silver quarters in a satin or an uncirculated finish.

My personal experience is that I simply no longer have change jars. Sometimes, I'll get a $20 bill when i use my debit card. Not just for emergency use, but to spend later and get some coins to inspect.

6. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

They are still out there and I am still looking for them.

Asher likes this.
  7. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Active Member

I just got this one from my pocket change today

Attached Files:

8. zeldon2

zeldon2 Member

What "W"'s are you guys looking for? I have extras maybe we can trade..

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  9. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Some are looking for 2019 and 2020 quarters with a “W” mint mark. They were minted at West Point. There are five different designs for each year and only 2 million of each released into circulation.

10. Asher

Asher Active Member

It's a sad state of affairs that the US Mint doesn't continue continuing a program like this. Quarters, nickels, dimes, cents. We'd all love it.

Has the been any official word on why the program only lasted 2 years?

Draft saved Draft deleted