The very, very rare ACCURADE slabbing company...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Burton Strauss III, Jan 14, 2015.

?

Do you own an example from this rare historical slabbing company

Poll closed Jan 21, 2015.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  3. Not on a bet

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I don't see what all the fuss is about

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Yes, that's right. ACCURADE...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

geekpryde likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Is it ACCURADE or ACCUGRADE?

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Remember those aftermarket beans you could get for Accugrade slabs? Gold for perfect spelling, green for only one or two minor misspellings...

harris498 and Jwt708 like this.
  5. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

(NotSo)AccuGrade: aka OverGrade

6. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

The only thing rare about the company itself is the number of coins that were assigned with grades that I agreed with or thought were in the general ball park.

7. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I've purchased a few to bust out and resell. I actually really like the way the coins look with these holders.

8. WRSiegel

WRSiegel Freshman

Isn't the 11 cent coin in an Accu(g)rade slab? Where's Redwin?

mill rat41 and spirityoda like this.
  9. sshafer11

sshafer11 Head Research Assistant - Coin Show Radio

I had a Seated Liberty Dollar in a ACCUGRADE F12 holder. Cracked it and sent it to NGC and it crossed at F15. I was pleased!

10. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

Seems even they can't decide based on the first photo, and the second, oh my, they missed the obvious double die attribution for the 26 half :p

11. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Probably finding other ways to boost his ego

spirityoda likes this.
  12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

shush!
    Or he'll come back!

as for the slab, I have one, somewhere

13. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Accugrade got one thing right in my opinion, and that was the separation of strike, surface, and wear categories. NGC does this with ancient coins, and I believe it would behoove TPG's to do the same with grades given to modern coins. It would eliminate a great deal of guesswork on the part of collectors trying to figure out which attributes figure into some nebulous number. Stars and pluses only confuse the issue further.

But as Warren Buffet once said, if something is too complicated to understand, it's likely that someone doesn't want you to understand it.

Jaelus and -jeffB like this.
  14. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Ain't that the truth! Doe anyone actually read Terms & Conditions before "clicking" accept?

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Bstrauss, sorry I didn't answer you earlier but I'm at a location where the internet connection is spotty and dissappears for hours at a time.

I think it is a very interesting slab. I've never seen one like that. It's a very early one I believe and I'm sure they didn't make many before they corrected the printing error.

16. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

No: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/GameStation-Soul-Sale-Satan-Gaming,news-6505.html

Hey, Mr. Slab, no apologies needed - if this was your job and I was your boss I might have a claim on your time, but this is a hobby and we all steal minutes and seconds from other things for it...

Except for the missing G, it looks like your ACG3:

Serial number changed. Letters are now used for sixth and eighth characters. Letters of company name are tighter together and C in CONNECTICUT begins below AC.

The s/n in your book is 94975H6P, so if the # part is sequential, they are under 1400 slabs apart.

Draft saved Draft deleted