The ultimate in coin-themed decor ...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Roman Collector, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

bsting and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

What a crappy design...I'll see myself out.

4. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

LOL.jpg

PlanoSteve and Kirkuleez like this.
  5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Best use of Lucite entombed coins ever.

Roman Collector likes this.
  6. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

That would go well with my wheat cent bathroom floor. This isn’t mine, I’m still working on collecting enough to do this, I need almost 13,000 (3,500 more) to cover my bathroom and it’s taking forever to sort through enough to find nice clean examples. I’m avoiding verdigris and dirty coins. I have nearly 40,000 still to sort through. I’m going to do one of these designs, haven’t decided which one yet. F3430D22-C9EF-4620-A111-5EF17D17551F.jpeg

5974CBEF-0879-498D-A7B0-C61BD162758B.jpeg

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I've always kind of wondered about transparent toilet seats. They make me worry that somewhere, someone is selling a transparent toilet.

8. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

That’s a horrifying thought.

9. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

I recall reading a thread here last year about a guy who bought a toilet seat similar to the one shown, but it had ASEs in it, not just quarters. When he busted it, he realized that it was just foil or something.

11. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

I wonder if I could get a custom seat done...my own coins of my own choosing. Could make a real political statement if desired ;), or just a way to enjoy my collection while taking care of business. Hmm.

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

How do I make change?

13. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

With a British "2p", of course. How else? All toilet coins should only come from two U.S. mints, however, P and S. Okay, if you get all clinical, I guess D works too.

juris klavins and furryfrog02 like this.
  14. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

The bathroom floor idea would need some type of protective coating over it to keep the cents from all turning and they may still turn anyway. Maintenance would be a nightmare if you ever had to fix anything through the floor. Then if you go to sell the house some woman's gonna show up and say this floor is hideous! Neat to look at on the computer. Not going that far in real life. Don't call me a pessimist, just a realist. ;)

15. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Soak the Cents in Coca-Cola. They will be shiny new in minutes.

16. V. Kurt Bellman

With or without a Mentos? Oh, that's Diet Coke.

Nathan401 likes this.
  17. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The husband will think it's great and they'll buy the place.

Kirkuleez likes this.
  18. -jeffB

DEPOSITS ONLY

19. -jeffB

I bought a lot of several seats and lids on eBay years ago (don't judge, silver was high and the closing price was about half the melt value of the silver coins that were included).

I spent some time experimenting with a seat that held clad coins. The stuff is tough to break, tougher to saw, and while you can break out the coins, most of them come out at least slightly bent. Oh, and they're polished before they go in.

You could probably dissolve the plastic with acetone or xylene, but you'd spend more on solvent than you'd get in coins, and that's not assigning any value to the time you'd waste.

If you want to sit on a (very) small fortune, buy one and install it. Don't factor in the value of the coins, though, because they aren't coming out.

JeffC likes this.
  20. V. Kurt Bellman

Better living with duPont Lucite.....

21. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

You pour a clear epoxy resin over them once you’re finished, sort of like a bar top and extremely durable. Since this has been in my family for three generations of collectors, it feels right to me and I’m not too worried if someone wants to change it down the line. The cost isn’t much more than normal tiles, just much more labor intensive to install.

Roman Collector and Vess1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted