The U.S. Mint has stopped making silver and gold coins????

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jason Hoffpauir, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I am :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    ewomack, micbraun and Robert Ransom like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

I am not unhappy I picked up one of each of this coin. Didn't but any others but always liked this design. :)

upload_2020-8-2_19-33-21.png

upload_2020-8-2_19-34-35.png

4. USS656

I agree

CamaroDMD likes this.
  5. Kentucky

upload_2020-8-2_16-42-13.png

CamaroDMD and Robert Ransom like this.
  6. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing out my error. I mis-spoke about this point and retract that comment.
    Robert

CamaroDMD and Kentucky like this.
  7. Kentucky

I know you are a good guy as is @CamaroDMD , let it cool off...please :stop:

8. USS656

I work in a manufacturing plant and covid has completely disrupted the national and global supply chain and social distancing has created many challenges in an environment where we can move things around. I am also one of the leaders of our EHS program so I have to understand what the different health bodies are recommending for working safely in a pandemic.

I have visited multiple mints and the rooms I had access to had many employees working in spaces that exceed what I would feel safe with. The press operators are all in the same space, so if one tests positive, they could lose and entire shift of highly skilled operators. The coin presses do not move and they are lined up one after another. For the areas visitors cannot see, god only (and mint employees) know what struggles they have with social distancing. Cleaning and storage areas likely have limited entry points and common touch points. Packaging I can imagine being similar to work spaces found in tech packaging plants. Here they may have some ability to social distance but security likely also makes this challenging. We can move pallets of packaging around even if its difficult. WIP work in progress for the mint must be a nightmare to manage. It's awfully easy to say poppycock if you are not the one dealing with the challenges of working safely during a pandemic.

Jeffjay, CamaroDMD and ewomack like this.
  9. Robert Ransom

I do not seem to be driving the train, but, again, I could be mistaken. Rather than get into anything with the OP, I will pass by any comment or reply the OP makes to my posts without comment.
    Thanks for the post.

Kentucky likes this.
  10. Kentucky

I think I have put one member on "ignore" since I've been on here...(WHOA, 20,005 posts...I wasn't paying attention)

Robert Ransom likes this.
  11. USS656

Reminds me of the movie Red and John Malkovich hiding in his bunker. :)

12. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

The only member I have ever put on ignore is that thief that keeps posting. I don't want to accidentally like one of his posts giving him any cred.
    The nice thing about the internet is, if a post/topic bothers me/works me up, I can just go do something else. Life is too short to be getting into petty squabbles with virtual strangers.

Kentucky and Robert Ransom like this.
  13. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

Yes it is true. It is not if..its when will the 2nd Stimulus Checks go out. But keep in mind that both the House and Senate must pass it and President Trump signs it into law. There is a very good chance that we will get it. America has recession numbers unlike seen since the 1930's; with unemployment in double digits. America is an economic disaster and help is needed to restart the government. I work in the government and was told to keep it under wraps; but hey its a free country. The GOP has countered the Democrats seconds stimulus with a package of their own. I think its called the Heroes Act or something. It will be the same guidelines as before; but I do know there are a couple of exceptions:

No checks for the deceased (The government wants that money back; how that is a different question)

No checks for anyone who has been incarcerated during the COVID-19 pandemic

Democrats wants dependents of any age and some unauthorized immigrants to receive money

Oh yeah if your a dead-beat Dad and haven't paid your child support....you guessed it your money will go to your kids as it should be.

Etc, etc, etc.

That is all I know; if I hear anything different I will update.

14. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I've never used it in my 12 years here and don't plan on starting now.

I didn't even block the "dealer" who was cracking out problem coins and selling them as problem free...and when I said something about it he hunted down my personal business "yelp" page and left a fraudulent review in retaliation. Yes, he is still here and many have bought coins from him.

Kentucky likes this.
  15. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

See this is not right. The government gave checks to those that filed 2018 taxes. My mom passed in 2019. She got a check. Why shouldn't she get a check? She paid taxes just like anyone else. My dad is still alive he should be able to collect that check on my moms behalf. I know the government did not send checks out to people who did not file taxes in 2018. So, if they sent checks to dead people it was because those people passed after they filed taxes in 2018. Any other scenario of dead people and checks would be a gross error by the government.

16. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Thanks!

17. Robert Ransom

The criteria for issuing stimulus checks was, in my opinion, not totally thought through and speed of getting dollars to those in need over-weighed an in-depth and lengthy analysis which would further delay the issuance of financial relief.

18. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Not everyone who filed taxes in 2018 got a stimulus check...I sure filed them and I didn't get one.:(

19. DANIEL HENRIQUEZ

DANIEL HENRIQUEZ Active Member

Despite what many have already stated above in comments, here is what I am aware of regarding the US Mint and the Silver and Gold issue.

Yes, the US Mint does have the right to suspend or halt minting of precious metal coins but, they also have specific guidelines that must be followed in the process too. Due to the fact demand is not what is was prior to the pandemic and what demand is presently is chaos and "the chicken little" debacle. Many are hearing the world economy is in a recession or its slowing or we are about to fail but, the real truth is the US Mint is halting production because those seeking to buy the precious metal coins are scared and this is NOT a viable reason for minting.

Case in point, listen to the fraudulent losers and liars regarding the 2020 ASE minted in Philadelphia whereas they are marketing these coins as "Emergency Production" coins. Are they kidding? What is the Emergency to mint Silver coins to distribute to collectors? Again, this is a hoax, a lie and a marketing tool these monkeys are using to scalp the public for more money as there is NO Emergency and these coins are not rare except for the fact they were minted in another facility other than the one originally planned.

So, the US Mint will begin minting precious metal coins again and will do so for the right reasons instead of chaos and scared people. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted