The Toning premium...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cplradar, Apr 15, 2021.

1. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

scratch that was wrong..

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I'm not being nasty, I like Ruben, probably more than anyone else on this forum.

My point was that you have a similar conversational style to your father.

4. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

5. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

maybe. I thought I sound more like my Aunt. My point is only that I discuss coins and people can make things very personal. It is not what I expected. Congeniality is what I am used to.

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Multiple and an S and even some of the P comps were over 7k and even 8k. It’s just a big fat sigh at this point

Dynoking and Beefer518 like this.
  7. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Maybe verbally, idk, I've never met your aunt, but in writing, you are your father.

8. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

World of difference between a 65 and a 67 CAC. One is a pretty common coin, the other second highest with a CAC. I wouldn't pay it either, but understand what drives the difference. Its epeen cred, wanting "the best" registry set in a lot of ways. Good for those collectors, just not my cup of tea.

Beefer518 and cplradar like this.
  9. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

I was taught to focus on two aspects of a coin:

A) The Strike
    B) The Die State

and that coin grading doesn't necessarly consider these aspects of coin grades until over an MS67. That being said, I still think that a population of coins at similar grades should be price pointed within the same range. When extreme price differences occurs, a lot of words are used circumspect of the coin, and I find that problematic. Even is a coin is undergraded, I think that 4x the price of a baseline is hard to justify.

OTOH, high priced MS70 grades are also, IMO, insane.

10. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

'
    BTW - this is low price, I think, for a 65 which is why I dropped it into the conversation.

11. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted