The Toning Premium Thread Part 2

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ddddd, Jul 10, 2017.

1. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Cascade, you can polish off that tarnish with silver polish. We do that with our silverware all the time. I'm always amazed at how nice and shiny they look afterwards.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Sure. Strip many hundreds away from the value. And afterward go ahead and shoot yourself in the foot then get in the bathtub with a toaster. Nothing like shower bagels!

4. oval_man

oval_man Elliptical member

Again, I think there have been some good estimates so far. I'll go $350 (which I wouldn't pay). The good: Overall it has a very pleasant toning pattern and colors; I like it. The bad: It's a common date for toning, not a true OGH and a 63. The ugly: Most importantly, the toning on Liberty's cheek and in the field in front of her jaw/neck is approaching end-stage toning and certain to be darker and less attractive in hand than what the photos are showing. (I'd say the first photo is closest to its in-hand look.)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I like that toning, and if I needed it for a set to match,
    I am gonna say 475.
    A premium for both OGH and tone.

6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I have tarnished spoons that look better than that coin. But I value them as spoons. You value tarnish, not coins. Hey, that's up to you. I'm not telling you what to value, that's your business...

7. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

If you have nothing useful to add to this thread, then please go troll elsewhere. The purpose of this thread was stated in the first message...and should be clear from the thread TITLE!

:rolleyes: :mad:

PAC, IBetASilverDollar and ddddd like this.
  8. ddddd

ddddd Member

If you guess correctly, feel free to post a toned spoon. Guess the premium on that should make for some interesting replies.:p

C-B-D likes this.
  9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

It's quite obvious with a disparaging and emotionally-charged response like that I hurt your delicate feelings. I'm truly sorry about that. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you before you start crying? I hate it when babies cry...

10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I detect a teenie weenie bit of sarcasm. KEYBOARD WARRIOR FIIIIIIIGHT!

CircCam likes this.
  11. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Hardly. You'd have to try pretty hard to hurt my feelings. In viewing your post history here it's quite clear that you are a troll...doesn't hurt my feelings or make me cry. It's just annoying, but you're clearly fine with being annoying. Carry on trolling.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
  12. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Guys, just don't respond to the equine troll. Or the (il)literate troll for that matter.

Anyway, the coin sold for $550 in private sale and the buyer absolutely loved it when it arrived. So @baseball21 wins this round. Who's up next??

ddddd likes this.
  13. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

Was it your coin or one you've seen in hand? Curious how the luster is.

Definitely not one I would ever go that high on but completely understand how it got there and the fact that the buyer loves it is what matters

ddddd likes this.
  14. ddddd

ddddd Member

@Beefer518 is next for winning the previous round.

@baseball21 gets 1 point for winning and so do the previous two winners. At this point, it's like Whose Line is it Anyway, where the points don't matter. :p
    Maybe at a future point they will...

15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

The luster was nice and the color had more of a neon pop than the photos suggest. It was worth every bit of $550, and more. Trust me, the buyer got a great deal.

ddddd and IBetASilverDollar like this.
  16. oval_man

oval_man Elliptical member

Coins posters might want to wait the full 24 hours to give everyone who might be interested a chance to get a guess in.

17. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Meh. On to the next!

18. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

And you're clearly stalking me, aren't you [...] ? As long as you keep buying my coins, I could care less...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
  19. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I'll bet he says that to all the equines that have more brains than he does...

20. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

Ok, I think I'm up.

This is a set of 3 1885-O Morgans that were kept together in a red velvet box for many moons. I bought all three to keep them together.

So this will be a bit different; guess how much I paid (May 2017) for the three, and how much you think they'll sell for. Closest to my purchase price will go next, but you have to give two guesses - price paid, and price you think the set will get.

set-obv (Custom).jpg

set-rev (Custom).jpg

Cheech9712 and ddddd like this.
  21. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

Would like them more with stars (I've only owned one NGC star that I didn't agree with NGC on having amazing eye appeal they are usually spot on in my experience). I'll say you paid $275 for the trio and if you split them up I think you could probably get $350 total.

Draft saved Draft deleted