The Silver Story

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Dnna, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Dnna

Dnna Active Member

I saw an old thread on this subject. But what I have is a E255D4A8-4C60-4F44-8635-DFF1BDB00703.jpeg little different. So I thought I would be start a new one. Do to my recent interest in coins my husband remembered something he got (and forgot about until today) from his father after he died about 20 years ago. I don't know what it might be worth. Any input would be helpful thanks. Pictures attached.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice, I like it. I would keep it but it's worth at least $35 just for the silver content.

Dnna likes this.
  4. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

The silver cert is in great condition. Call it $10 for that and $20 each for the coins. Potentially worth $50 to the right person who likes the display

Seattlite86 and Dnna like this.
  5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I think you could get between $35 and $60 depending on how much time/effort you're willing to spend looking for a buyer.

Dnna likes this.
  6. Dnna

Dnna Active Member

Thanks everyone. That gives me a starting point.

7. Dnna

Dnna Active Member

Okay. How about this one? Same story about my husband's father. EBB316A7-8B07-496A-A364-0D24B1386975.jpeg 24C2DF62-0944-4E6F-8011-F0369D19D6CE.jpeg

8. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

I hope you or your husband don't sell it. If I had anything left to me by my father I'd never sell it. He died when I was young and I have nothing that belonged to him. The reason I started collecting coins was so that I'd have something to pass down to my children & grandchildren. (Other than whatever I have in the bank).

PlanoSteve and Dnna like this.
  9. Dnna

Dnna Active Member

Thank you @thomas mozzillo. There are things my husband would never part with that relate to his father. A sketch he had made of John Wayne that came back to him when his dad passed. And an ugly mallord duck that I keep moving to inconspicuous parts of our home but alas keep showing up as centerpieces because it means so much to my husband because his dad loved them.
    The coins were I think an impulse buy and therefore didn't mean much to him or my husband. So sentimentality I think seems to be subjective. But I get what your saying. The coins weirdly enough mean more to me then either of them. Go figure. I never even knew his dad. (Sad face)

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  10. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Your obsolete coinage display is worth no more than $10.

The Mercury dime is $3, the silver nickel is worth $2, the steel cent is $0.50.

Add some extra for the special display and I think $10 is a fair price

Kevin Mader likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The Obsolete Coinage is really neat. I would love to have that in my collection. Not an offer to buy, just saying. It should bring $8-$10. I'd kept it if I were you.

12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Keep the obsolete coinage display. I doubt anyone would buy it for more than a few bucks. The coins are really limited as far as collector interest goes, but the presentation is neat.

Draft saved Draft deleted