The Silver Story

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by barbiemom, Apr 2, 2010.

1. barbiemom

barbiemom Junior Member

I have a framed collection of Silver coins, silver granules, Liberty Silver Dollar 1921, War nickle 1943, Silver dime 1959, Silver Certificate Series 1935A. I bought it in the frame in the late 1960's and it has been in the frame since that time. Not uncirculated, but it is very well kept. Could anyone tell me what it is worth? I do have a photo if is needed, let me know.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Welcome to Coin talk.

I'd have to see a picture but add up all the silver and take that number times 10 and that's your silver value approx.

4. barbiemom

barbiemom Junior Member

photo of Silver Story

Thanks for your reply. I will send you a photo, I am not very knowledgable but have a few collections I want to sell. thanks again.

Attached Files:

5. weryon

weryon World traveler - In Thailand

the toning on the peace dollar looks quite nice :D

6. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Very nice. Good for you to have protected it's condition all this time.

7. jamesmorgans10

jamesmorgans10 Junior Member

Good luck Barbie, i hope u get a nice chunk of change for preserving them that long.

8. hrhomer

hrhomer Member

The Peace Dollar, if 1921, may be worth good money, depending on condition. The obverse of that war nickel is gorgeous. I'd love to see the reverse.

Joe

9. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

A 1921 peace dollar is $100 in F-12 condition and $200 in MS60 condition. Most of the displays value is in that peace dollar.

10. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

come up with a roundabouts price and pm me, id be interested in that piece for sure

11. barbiemom

barbiemom Junior Member

I haven't come up with a value, still waiting for help on determining its value. thanks for your e-mail note.

12. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

My guess is that the whole shabang is worth $200, give or take.

13. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

These retail for between $30 and $40 where I live.

14. chip

chip Novice collector

welcome to coin talk

A 1921 no mintmark peace dollar is worth a little bit, as surfer said. But there were many 1921-s peace dollars also made and they are pretty common. if you can look on the back of the dollar the mintmark is around the eagles tail feathers, a picture would be helpful because many tried to remove the mintmark to fool people. a closeup picture of each of the pieces would also be helpful,

Once you accumulate ten posts you can post an advertisement in the open section.

15. barbiemom

barbiemom Junior Member

Thanks, I think I will try to sell it for that amount. You have been helpful. Thanks again and have a really great day.

16. swhuck

swhuck Junior Member

There were no 1921-S Peace dollars. There were lots of 1921-S Morgans.

I'd be a little surprised to see a 1921 Peace dollar in one of those frames, to be sure, but if that's what it really is, it's a good coin as well as a curiosity.

17. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Nice coins, I really like the way things are put together there!! :)

18. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

19. chip

chip Novice collector

Thanks for the correction, I think I might have confused the 21 with the 28.

Draft saved Draft deleted