The show must go on ... FUN that is

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Brian Bucklan, May 25, 2020.

1. Brian Bucklan

Brian Bucklan Well-Known Member

Just got word last week that the FUN show in Orlando scheduled for early July is still a go. As someone who actually has a table there I certainly have mixed feelings about this. I'm just not sure that it's a good idea to start with at this time, but the logistics have to be a nightmare. Couple questions:

Do you limit the number of people in the showroom?

Is there going to be the typical 6' separation of customers at the tables? As the tables are about that size it appears only one person at a time can actually look through coins.

And a big question ... how many people are actually going to show up (including dealers) that have to travel to the show from other areas of the country?

Just curious if the CoinTalk folks think this is a good idea, and what do you foresee if the show does go on.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

There was a thread on this last week I think.
    Mixed reviews as to if it should go on or not. I personally think it is a terrible idea.

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's a giant risk. Too many people that can carry the problem all across the US.

5. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

When you go, get sick and die, can I have your coin collection?

benhur767, Paddy54 and Restitutor like this.
  6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Shows are going to be very difficult... If they do open....who's coming?
    Only those with a death wish.

furryfrog02, benhur767 and Restitutor like this.
  7. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

In order to keep 6' distance you need to rotate the folding tables (6' x 3') 90 degrees and put times the number in every booth. Similarly you need to spread the back tables a little part so dealers aren't f2f.

I can't figure out how you put the cases on the tables so the customer can see what's in them and the dealer can reach in to remove something to look at. Slide the case to the dealer, open it, remove the coin, and then put it on top of the case before sliding it case back?

That 4' can't come out of the aisle - you need to be able to walk past somebody sitting at least 6' clear - so the aisle needs to be at least 16'... which cuts your room capacity at least by 1/3!

FWIW, FUN would be the 1st open-to-the-public event at the OC Convention Center: https://calendar.occc.net/calendar/

8. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

9. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Smart move.

Orfew likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted