The seach continues for a Seated Dollar

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by olero, Sep 3, 2015.

1. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

I saw a lot of seated dollars for sale yesterday on Ebay.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. olero

olero Active Member

Thanks,
    I have been watching. But the good ones are far a few between. And the ones that look good are over priced compare to what is up for auction at most auction houses.
    Have you noticed how a lot of Ebay seller can doctor the photos to look better that they are?

4. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Personally, when ever I wanted a coin bad enough, I would not wait long to find the best example I could afford. I would just get what is available, then buy the nicer coin when I found it.

5. olero

olero Active Member

That is one way of looking at it. It isn't something I just have to have. I can just wait it out and get the very best. Most everything I see on Ebay has been messed with. Even a VF would be better than an XF that was cleaned, tooled, and ATed.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

That is an approach I would STRONGLY advise against. You may have had success with it in the past, but for most people, they will wind up with problem coins, coins with poor eye appeal, or overpriced coins. When they go to sell the upgraded coin, they'll loose money.

I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE all collectors to patiently wait for exactly the right coin, and buy it when it comes.

7. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

This is good advice! Now that I have internet, I can search a wider range, so now, I am not such a compulsive buyer.

Draft saved Draft deleted