The Peoples Court.......yes a TV trial about a Buyer/Seller dispute

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by 4to2centBC, Jul 5, 2017.

1. 4to2centBC

4to2centBC Well-Known Member

I am in a vacation rental with a tv on in the background and I hear a dispute between a collector and a dealer. Did anyone else catch this? It is the TV show The Peoples Court.

It had to do with grading and possibly Japanese currency..... I missed the beginning.

I found an article by the seller dated 8 years ago.

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=6645

Anyway, it's the first time I have seen something like it on these daytime shows.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

That's funny and timely actually.

I thought about a certain coin and how a judge would render dueling experts' (typically shills with opinions for hire when it comes to litigation, at last half of them with the other half typically unwilling to make a hard and fast stand weighted on their curriculum vitae) testimony balanced, if not duplicitous, at best, wholly reject all, or at least most, and the court decide for itself through the judge's own eyes once the plain and simple language of the grading parameters were disclosed.

The 1961 aspect of that if a pattern reflecting a way of doing business, agency relationships/associations or not, can be shown over 4, perhaps even 10 years. The irony of that notion is beyond rich for reasons I find rather profound.

Who might be injured party(s) in this particular cause?

For starters, everyone sitting on a lower graded slab despite it actually being nicer and likely clearly visible to a reasonable layperson and/or judge?

Just rambling out-loud while perfecting a 1961-68 statement, completely unrelated to coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted