The One That Got Me Hooked

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Double Die, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Double Die

Double Die I know just enough to be dangerous

Here are some pics of my 1963 Roosevelt dime DDR-012/FS-803. This is the one that got me hooked on errors & varieties and my favorite of all my oddities.

What coin is the one that got you hooked?

1963 ddr012.jpg 1963 ddr012 (1).jpg 1963 ddr012 (2).jpg 1963 ddr012 (3).jpg 1963 ddr012 (4).jpg 1963 ddr012 (5).jpg 1963 ddr012 (6).jpg 1963 ddr012 (7).jpg 1963 ddr012 (8).jpg 1963 ddr012 (9).jpg

cwart and GSDykes like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

Silver picking from my pocket change was my gateway into looking for varieties and rarities. An unchecked collection from 3 generations are turning out to be mostly common but I am now hooked and have been cautiously purchasing coins. I'm very happy with recent acquision of a nice VDB...

Attached Files:

thomas mozzillo, Double Die and cwart like this.
  4. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

I have two to post if thats OK... First up is the one of the ones that got me collecting, a well circulated Barber Dime that was part of a group of coins I got from from Grandfather after her passed...
    10C1914P-04.001obv.JPG 10C1914P-04.001rev.JPG

The other is the coin that got me into ancients. My first ancient, an AE of Constantine II. Thats the one that brought me to the darkside.... ;)
    AM-0028obv.png AM-0028rev.png

bruthajoe likes this.
  5. bruthajoe

Also A bunch of machine doubling, die chips and cracks had me excited at one time. These coins led to me becoming a member. Still hunting.

Attached Files:

6. bruthajoe

I forgot the 53 RPM. I find it difficult to find anything. I live in NY and our currency is used and abused. I have not come across any circulated silver in about 8 years. I think those days are over. [​IMG] [​IMG]

longshot likes this.
  7. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I started this hobby playing the 1 of 1, none finer .
    Sold my first two coins I had graded at Pcgs, both were 1 of 1 .
    Made a killing on both of them .

Then I was invited to a local coin show, here in Michigan .
    That's where I meet Ken Potter and the rest is history ..

Here's one of my favorite .
    SingleShot0006-1909.jpg SingleShot0020-1909.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Double Die and bruthajoe like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted