The Official LCS (Local Coin Show) Thread

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GoldFinger1969, Dec 15, 2019.

1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

OK, figured 1 thread where folks could update the happenings of local (monthly, quarterly, whatever) smaller shows aside from The Biggies. Not sure they all deserve their own thread, but if someone wants to go that way (like I and others did with the Westchester Quarterly Show) feel free to do so.

I'll start this one off with.......

Mt. Kisco Coin Show: I went to this show today and I was pleasantly surprised. Even though it was only about 15 minutes away from where the Westchester Coin Show (WCS) appears (which was also only 2 weeks ago)...it was slightly bigger, had more dealers, and a better variety (IMO) of stuff than at Westchester.

Saw lots of the same folks, but plenty of new ones, too. Some people who came from MA and CT don't go to the other show (or not all that often).

Anyway, it was held at the Mt. Kisco Holiday Inn...it took up 2 of those conference rooms whereas WCS only takes up 1 room....I'd say about 30-35 dealers and maybe 100 tables.

Saw some interesting NGC-slabbed ancient coins from a guy on Long Island, very impressive. Ran the gamut from $1,800 to $18,000.

I liked one guys case because all the CAC TPG slabs were in foam compartments and it looked very organized and impressive. To a newbie, I think it was enticing and a good sales catch creator. I personlly think unless you are a veteran that seeing DOZENS or HUNDREDS of coins -- particularly in those 2" white squares in 1 or 2 or 3 glass cases -- makes it tough to find something. But I guess to each his own, huh ?

Bought only a 2016 PF69 Saint-Gaudens Silver Commemorative, saving up the Big $$$ (I hope) for FUN. Can test out this thickly-slabbed coin on my new 2.68" plastic easel holders that arrived this weekend. :D

There was an interesting Barber Coin setup with some guys who belong to a national Barber Coin group. They had some interesting specimens and some interesting information on Barber and Morgan. I thought that was a nice touch. I believe they gave a talk sometime today, but not when I was there (about 1:30 PM).

I stayed for about an hour and then went home to catch the 2nd half of the Giants-Dolphins game (don't laugh :D). I'm not sure when the next Mt. Kisco show is, but I'll try and attend and also compare it to the next WCS.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Chris B, Stevearino, dwhiz and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

That's within striking distance of me. Maybe next time.......:)

masterswimmer and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  4. masterswimmer

masterswimmer Well-Known Member

Ditto

Orange County here. Wish I had more advance notice of this show. I only saw @GoldFinger1969 post it at about 11am today.

GoldFinger1969 and green18 like this.
  5. green18

green18 Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Pass through there quite often on my travels up to Delaware County...Middletown perhaps? I was a boy there. :)

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  6. masterswimmer

masterswimmer Well-Known Member

Monroe/Chester area.

7. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

I'll try and update the NYC-area shows.

Parsippany, NJ is the 1st Sunday of every month. Next one is January 5th. I'll PROBABLY go that month even though I am going to FUN a few days later. But it's a pretty good show.

masterswimmer likes this.
  8. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Local annual coin club(Shelby County Coin Club) coin show in May. Located in Sidney, Ohio, (Home of Coin World) at the American Legion. Usually around 20 dealers. Always the Saturday following Mother's Day. Nice small show for rural West central, Ohio.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted