The Noble and Generous Knight's Giveaway for YNs

Discussion in 'Contests' started by ValiantKnight, Jun 15, 2016.

1. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

Inspired by the recent acts of kindness, I too will play the part of gift-giver. Unfortunately though I have recently cleared the last of my unneeded coins. But looking through again I did find three ancient coins left that I want to pass on to younger collectors who would want them.

Conditions:

1. Must be a YN, 18 or younger.

2. Must live in United States.

3. Must be "less fortunate" (for lack of a better term). So I'd prefer that those that have the capacity to buy pricier and expensive coins give those that can't a chance at this.

4. Unenforceable, but I'd also prefer that whoever accepts these coins do not turn around and sell them. I'd like to see this coin go to YNs that will actually value them as a part of their collection.

So first three YNs to PM me will receive the coins!

(If you are underage dont forget to ask your parent's permission if you want to participate)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

There must be a generosity bug going round today, and from the looks of it, it's highly contagious.

I'm glad you decided to get in on the fun!:cool: Days like today make me glad I participate in a hobby full of great, kind, and generous people who volunteered their time to teach a newbie like me when I was getting started and had no clue what I was doing, and who always look out for new members. Not every collecting community can say that.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, the Ancients Forum has the best and coolest people in all of cointalk.

4. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

It's like we can't wait for Secret Santa, lol.

5. ValiantKnight

Christmas in July! (ok its still June but you get the idea!)

John Anthony likes this.
  6. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

Hurry YN's! Get 'em while ya' can!! You guys are too awesome for words.

BATTERup646 and Ancientnoob like this.
  7. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Speaking of Secret Santa, I did win a 3rd coin at Agora Auctions, but I haven't revealed it because I bought it with the intent of it becoming my Secret Santa gift, and I definitely do not want to ruin the surprise for whoever gets it. I'm what you would call an early Christmas shopper. I do all my shopping in June and July.

I just hope whoever my giftee is likes medieval silver. That's the only hint I'm dropping. :D

Theodosius, Aidan_() and John Anthony like this.
  8. New Windsor Bill

New Windsor Bill Well-Known Member

That is awesome what you are doing. Really nice, God Bless.

ValiantKnight and iamtiberius like this.
  9. ValiantKnight

One coin gone! Two more still left!

10. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Oh... Really ? LOL ;)

11. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Well heck. You guys are making me feel like Scrooge.

Nicholas Molinari likes this.
  12. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

WOW, all the best to you @ValiantKnight ... a cavalcade of kindness... well done you all!

ValiantKnight likes this.
  13. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

hey VK, aren't you almost YN yourself?

that's mighty fine....mighty fine.

[​IMG]

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Pick me, pick me........! Oh drat. 65 ain't YN? Ah heck. But at least I can have a drink......... devil.gif

Jwt708 and ValiantKnight like this.
  15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Valiant knight is just that......a most notable and exceptional (as well as generous) fellow. Here, Here. I raise a glass to him..........for others who can't. :)

16. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

"In YNs We Trust, all others pay cash".

17. Johndakerftw

Johndakerftw Mr. Rogers is My Hero

Way to go, Valiant Knight!

Thanks for your generosity.

Erin

ValiantKnight likes this.
  18. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I wish there were a good way to distribute unwanted 'spares' to people (preferably young) who would appreciate them. The fact is that many of us have things that we might like as much as the person who would receive them since they have come to the hobby from the MS or nothing world of moderns. Some of the coins I have had trouble selling suggest it is easier to move a $100 coin than a $20 one.

Perhaps the answer would be a contest format where those wanting a prize would have to ask for it and show that they wanted it enough to put in a little research into an essay. That still would do nothing for the problem of kids who would like the coins and parents who quite correctly are uneasy with them sending strangers their mailing address. Is there an answer?

19. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Something to ponder.

20. Hello There

Hello There New Member

2 years too old for this :dead:

21. ValiantKnight

I just want to apologize for the delay in getting these out. Came down sick later last week and have also been busy with this last week of my courses, so I haven't had a chance to mail the coins. I'll try to get them out today or tomorrow but Friday will be the latest they will be mailed. Thanks guys for your patience.

Draft saved Draft deleted