The mega red

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Dec 6, 2022.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

My mundane happenstance I was wondering how many people are buying the mega red, Red book deluxe edition if you're going to go get it wizard coin supply has for a really good price Amazon technically the worst place can probably go buy it if you were looking to buy brand new I got mine yesterday brand new wrapped in plastic / came in a box and I only paid 30 something bucks for it...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    Kasia likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

So happened since I feel that mega red book is quite a hefty volume and to me personally is a constant desk reference. Although the lack of portability on that thing cuz it weighs like 5.2 lb (2.5k) is a issue

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I had one, and while it's very nice, I found I wasn't using it much (most of the reference material I use is online). So I gave it to a friend, who appreciated it properly.

Kasia and Heavymetal like this.
  5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

My only interest is the Large Print Red Book. Like @lordmarcovan said above, most of what we need is online anymore.

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

I have the 3rd edition and seldom use it, as it is just too unwieldy. It does have a lot of good information, but too inconvenient to keep next to my chair.

Thanks for the post.

7. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

I bought the 4th edition because it featured extended coverage on dimes which are my first love.

It is big and unwieldy, and you only need to buy one once every 20 years or so. The internet is way more convenient and my first go-to but I like having a copy of a mega red available.

8. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

1st addition for me ($15 at a used book store). One of a few staples that are very close to my coin "station". 20221207_180508~2.jpg 20221207_180546~2.jpg

Kasia likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted