The History of Byzantium now on YouTube

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Clavdivs, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

The excellent podcast "The History of Byzantium" is now on YouTube with excellent visuals, art, maps, etc.

It's very well done.

The first episode "The Rise of Justinian" is now online ..

upload_2022-3-11_9-3-47.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I love this podcast. It is a great successor to "History of Rome". I wish he could make episodes faster. I'm all caught up and jonesing for more.

AussieCollector and Clavdivs like this.
  4. nerosmyfavorite68

nerosmyfavorite68 Well-Known Member

It's certainly an excellent podcast; so detailed. The History of Rome, which I'm still sampling, is pretty decent, but isn't quite the deep dive that HOB is. HOR is stuff that I mostly knew, while Byzantium has so much interesting new stuff.

I was very miffed yesterday when I discovered that I loaded the playlist portion of HOB onto my phone,but didn't also add the file. :mad:

Clavdivs likes this.
  5. BenSi

BenSi Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting, I have watched half of it so far. Enjoyable.

I have a hard time using the word Byzantine, it seems so rude. I just finished my second reading of The Invention of Byzantium in Early Modern Europe, a new publication from Dumbarton Oakes , I bought it as a Christmas Gift for myself, published late last year. Good read and a eye opener.

PlanoSteve, Clavdivs and sand like this.
  6. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

The most perfect gifts are the ones you purchase for yourself! Good for you!
    ..and yes - I will certainly add that title to my future Christmas list!
    Thank you!

BenSi likes this.
  7. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up & recommendation! Just bought it on Amazon...looking forward to it! :happy::singing:

BenSi likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted