The gift of a Wang Mang

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Sallent, Feb 21, 2018.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

What fun! I like those more than the Shell Oil series of US president tokens they did in this country, in a similar gas station promotion and probably during about the same era (ca. late 1950s-early 1960s).

Alegandron likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

These were issued in the late 1960's / early 1970's
    in France , Belgium and the Netherlands

2 more:

P1140630.JPG

P1140636.JPG

4. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

Space relics can be highly collectible! I nearly got bitten by the space memorabilia bug a few years ago when I started collecting space program patches of the US and Russia.

PATCHES.jpg

5. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Sweet...I really love the Shenzhou 9/Tiangong 1 Chinese patch. I've been following the Chinese program myself. They are like 1960s NASA on steroids....a can do spirit and willingness to take chances (something modern NASA lacks.) Your Apollo 11 and Friendship 7 patches are sweet too.

I have this model kit on order from China featuring Shenzhou 10 docked to Tiangong 1. I can't wait to paint it and glue it all together.

81OutxY3HnL._SX736_.jpg

And of course, I recently finished this one too...a Mercury Redstone.

IMG_20180221_205331111.jpg

Plus I'm working on a few other models. Anyway, to keep the coin gods (moderators) happy, let's get back to coins....

Here are my Wang Mang

Xin Dynasty Bu Quan (Two Portrutions double obverse rim) Emperor Wang Mang (1).jpeg SRd5jB4mE7tWHj6ywLQ23cXYGHo89z (1).jpg fB6Gc8Zg4sWXYSj23qTnqJ5iy7xF9Q (1).jpg
    wvar1009 (1).jpg

Not enough Wang Mang...I have plans to pick a few more of his coins. :D:cool:

6. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

7. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Or just simply a lack of funds.

Draft saved Draft deleted