The generosity continues, holy cow.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinJockey73, Jun 24, 2021.

1. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

@Eric the Red had reached out to me, kind of nonchalantly asks for my address. Says he's impressed with my generosity and likes to give back. I'm slightly baffled, my generosity? I find circulation junk, pay FACE VALUE for it (that's very important), pack it up, and ship it out. That's it really it. The give aways? Throwing those V75 quarters around? No big deal, trust me. It's a buck total to send those out.
    This was a few weeks ago, right? I hadn't forgotten, but it wasn't a priority, if you know what i mean. I just had other stuff going on. Then in the mail today.
    20210624_172943.jpg
    20210624_172924.jpg
    This may sound a little nuts but, I'm not 100% sure how to react to this other than sheer awe? Does that make sense? Maybe it's the shock? I luv all my coins, and those that have been kind and generous enough to be a part of this discovery, @Beardigger @Randy Abercrombie @lordmarcovan, i can't thank you guys enough for showing me the way, but I'm small potatoes compared to this! @Eric the Red, this is insane. I'm sleeping with this under my pillow tonight. Don't worry fellas, all your coins got a turn under the pillow their first night, but this, this gets a few extra nights, maybe a week, and that's hallowed ground, lol. I really don't know what to say other than thank you. I'm learning to graciously accept things. I've always put up a fight, no no no! You have to take this back!. I just did it with @Beardigger with one of his quarters. I tried to refuse, but it gave him pleasure to know that I'd cherish it, so that's what I'm doing here. I graciously accept this generous gift, and i assure you, I'll treasure it, forever. @AidenAlexander, you've got a good role model there. Certainly in the "generosity with complete strangers" category, lol. I hope he doesn't starve you, or I'd really look stupid right now ;).
    I'll just keep trying to pay it forward. Thanks again. Really.

*edit
    Just in case no one noticed, it's a friggin krugerrand!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

You know how it is on Christmas and you are about to bust waiting to see your wife open the gift you got her? I think that’s what it is with all us coin folks (you included)… When someone has the genuine love when they hold an old coin, it just gives more joy than owning the coin.

4. CoinJockey73

It's funny you say this. You should see me packing up and shipping the stuff out. I'm like a little kid, I'm like a little kid anyway, gets me in a spot of trouble, usually... anyway... yes, i agree 100%. I'm just excited to get you your coin! Need anything, by the way? ;)

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Pay it forward. I did and it feels great.

6. CoinJockey73

I've been trying since @Randy Abercrombie showed me the way...

7. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Not to hijack the thread......but I too got a very special silver coin in the mail from @thomas mozzillo as a thank you for the W's I sent him. I was also AWESTRUCK by such a nice gift! I think we are all learning something here! Anyway, a Thank you to @Eric the Red for sending you that cool Krugerrand and a special thanks to @thomas mozzillo for the silver panda he sent me!

[​IMG]

spirityoda, beaver96, expat and 6 others like this.
  8. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Beautiful i really like them don't have much thought.Although silver is at its lowest in a while but not enough for me.

9. CoinJockey73

Look who missed the point entirely..

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

11. CoinJockey73

This isn't a hijack, it's a "share the love"... lol. That's awesome! Hey @thomas mozzillo, any time you want something i got, let me know! ;). Great job, both of you and @Beardigger, you know you can post anything you want on any one of my threads, lol. Always welcome.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  12. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

sorry then I'm just tired

13. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

Glad you like it CJ.

14. Kashmir Pulaski

Kashmir Pulaski Well-Known Member

WOW. You guys are really cool.

I get yelled at all the time at coin shows for giving stuff away to kids. Table guys piss and cry that I'm taking away their business and that they've paid for their table to sell stuff. ... Douche-bags. How many of these kids are spending any $$$ at your table?!? If I give them stuff don't you think that will feed them in their interest of collecting coins?!?

I've had a coupla close personal conversations with some of these guys and I was asked to leave by security after I offered one guy some internal organ damage.

Anyway ... I love the faces on the kids when I give them stuff. I started doing this after one of my students gave me some coins I believe were British. She said they were out of date and weren't worth anything any more. WOW. ... COOL KID.

15. CoinJockey73

I happen to be a "giver" in general. But this site has really shown me how easy it is for me to be kind and generous. Find something in circulation, pay face value for it, mail it for $.75, and put a smile on someone's face? It's almost too easy. But i was shown the way by a few amazing members here whom I've mentioned ad nauseum, so i won't offend anyone by doing it again ;). Anyway, keep giving! It feels good, and the coin gods can't help but notice. Check it my "daily finds" thread to see what i mean...

Draft saved Draft deleted