The Fun Show in Orlando starts in about 90 days.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ldhair, Oct 8, 2019.

1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

This year's and the next few years FUN shows are in Orlando...but it appears they vary them from time-to-time.....2017 was in Ft. Lauderdale ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I believe there was construction for a few years, and contractual issues. It was in Ft. Lauderdale one year, and in Tampa for a few years.

I believe all that is over, and it is back to Orlando permanently. I'm happy about that, because I much prefer the Orlando venue.

green18 and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The last time the show was in Ft. Lauderdale is when the airport shootings went on. Really sad day. A small army of officers with automatic weapons surrounded the convention center. It was just a safety measure to be sure there was not a second attack. The airport closing really messed with folks leaving the show and trying to get out of town.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  5. GoldFinger1969

Yeah, my brother's family got caught on 9/11 trying to get back home...no airflights, rented a car and drove home with the other family straight 18 hours.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Quite agree. The parking is much better for someone driving an RV. Tampa is a horror for such.

7. GoldFinger1969

Any of you attend the workshops ?

The one on counterfeiting looks interesting, but aside from costing some $$$, it takes up an entire day. :eek:

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The only bad part is that it is once again held in the West building. The parking lot is smaller, and once you enter the building, you have to walk about one-half mile just to get to the entrance to the bourse.

Chris

9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

There will be a shuttle this year but you still have to walk a half mile. Wow, parking is $17 per day. $25 for an RV.

10. GoldFinger1969

Wow, place must be huge.

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The Surf Expo is there at the same time. Lots of pretty gals make that show. The long walk could be fun. Slap me but I had to post that.;)

12. green18

Ouch.......Besides walking the borse, I have to add the extra mileage. Did it last year......it was an eternity until I reached the check in line. :)

13. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

The walk from any hotel will be a half mile, even if it is connected via skywalk.

And parking is free.

14. green18

Scantily clad? Oh dear.......Not that I'm of any danger to anyone. Leering ludacris luddite I may be.... devil.gif

15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

This year the show is in WA1 and WA2. At the front door of the show is a short skywalk to the Rosen Centre Hotel. Several places to eat and a few bars. It's also handy if you need a taxy or shuttle to the airport.

16. green18

Sounds accommodating.....:)

17. GoldFinger1969

I'm at the other Rosen....I think it'sa 5-10 minute walk.

If it's raining, I can always Taxi, Uber, or bus.

18. GoldFinger1969

Anybody ever taken the Acela/Amtrak from the Northeast/NY area down to Orlando instead of driving/flying ?

19. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Someone here used to do this. @green18 was that you? Sounded fun.
    About 70 days to go.

GoldFinger1969 and green18 like this.
  20. green18

Acela only goes to DC. That's the end of overhead catenary for the electric trains. They switch engines at DC and you go by diesel the rest of the way down south.

Lovely experience for me. I've done it more than once (two times in the same year). Not sure if they still run the dinning car. Heard that they only do sandwiches, but for your sake, I hope not. Coach sucks......you're penned in with a variety of class clowns, and if you're apprehensive about rubbing elbows with with lower class individuals (which I don't) it can be a hoot, but be prepared for the smell of boyhood socks and the like for 22 hours (out of NY) in the same uncomfortable seat. Take the 'sleeper' if you can afford it. :)

21. Derek2200

Derek2200 Well-Known Member

Plan to setup probably spend 25-35k

Draft saved Draft deleted