The FUN Show in Orlando. Jan. 5th-8th

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by ldhair, Oct 13, 2022.

1. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

Yes, someone please take pics of JM's exhibit. I won't be able to take any time off until late spring. Waah!

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gallienus

Gallienus coinsandhistory.com

I might go. Problem is that I'm not a dealer, just a collector. It would be good to find other collectors to talk to. I guess dealers get together and talk about sales and business.

Still it might be fun to go to look at things. Prices are also extremely strong at this time so I'll just be looking.

4. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

The folks from CT and other sites (where many of us go to more than one forum) usually congregate during the show and even off-hours. Staying at the same hotel makes it easier to go downstairs for 5 or 50 minutes for drinks and talk.

That was my mistake at FUN 2020 where I stayed up the road at a cheaper place 3/4 mile away.

Gallienus and -jeffB like this.
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Only 69 days to go. I'll be staying at the Rosen Centre. It's a short walk to the show or there is a bus every 30 minutes.

6. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I’ve just been informed my table number is (Edit . . . See Post 33 for correction).

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    Gallienus, ldhair and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Only 56 days to go.

8. Gallienus

Which hotel? I should probably try to go and always enjoy talking & drinking even if no coins are to ge found.

9. GoldFinger1969

LD's reference.....Rosen Centre is apparently the hotel closestto the convention center. Probably a short walk over. Not sure if it's directly connected by an overpass or tunnel.

Gallienus likes this.
  10. Gallienus

Thanks. I've just finally added a page to my website on Talers. Unfortunately, it only features 1 taler (Holy Roman Empire). I do own a 2nd Austrian taler but it's never been photographed.

I should try to make the FUN (Jan 4th) but I guess the NYICS is the place to go to look for a taler?

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I’ll be there for the first two days. Can’t wait. Hope to meet some of you folks!

ToughCOINS and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Only 41 days to go.
    Dealer table numbers should be posted in about 2 weeks.

13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The event schedule has been posted but there may be some changes made before the show.

http://www.funtopics.com/content/PDF/FUNConvention/2023 FUN Schedule of Events.pdf

Looks like @Insider will be having a class on Saturday.
    Noon-1:00 PM Educational Seminar. “Basic Coin Conservation,” by Skip Fazzari. Mr. Fazzari is an authenticator/grader at ICG Grading Service in Tampa. He’s also in charge of ICG’s coin conservation program. What’s actually involved in coin conservation? Which coins need conservation? Skip Fazzari has the answers! This program is “a must” for those looking to improve and/or protect their precious coin collection. Room N320E.

14. ToughCOINS

Sorry about the typo . . . Table 927.

Gallienus likes this.
  15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Cool. I hope folks will drop by. Great place to run into other CT members.

16. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I've been to a couple of Insider's classes before, and they were some of the most educational hours of my coin life. If you have a chance to go, and you want to learn something, I *highly* recommend you attend.

Does anyone know if these will be recorded and posted somewhere for those of us who will not be attending?

17. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

This makes me think of the party a few years ago at the Rosen Centre bar. You gave a really cool grading lesson. Skip was also there. It was a great evening.

To make it more fun, at the end of the evening, someone walked up and paid the tab for the party. I can't remember the company that was.

18. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Haha, yes, that was a fantastic evening, and completely unexpected. I believe it started as a PCGS forum member gathering, but a few of us crashed it after the NGC cocktail hour.

Stacks Bowers.

19. ToughCOINS

I’ll be staying at the Rosen Pointe Orlando just up the street, and while the guys I’m traveling with are doubtless already including me in group dinner plans for a couple of nights, I’d really like to meet a bunch of CT members for an evening.

Any chance we can put together a CT gathering for one night when most of us will be there? The Rosen Center would be fine with me, or anyplace else that well-suits the group.

20. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Thanks, I did't see this announcement and I didn't write it either. ;)

That cocktail party was a good one. It seems to m it only happened that one time although someone tried to do it agin the next year.

21. GoldFinger1969

Still up in the air about going.....are both hotels equal-distant from the convention area ?

Draft saved Draft deleted