The Find of a Lifetime

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lincolncent, Jul 1, 2011.

1. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Would put this under roll-searchers (probably still will) but I wanted to give it its own thread too because I'm still amazed.
    So I just got back from vacation in Cocoa Beach today and, unfortunately (or fortunately for my wallet), had to return to work in the grocery business for the 4th of July weekend. I was putting change in my till for the first time since I got back and opened the dream find. I don't find a lot of silver in circulation, especially recently, so I opened the my roll of dimes with the general thinking of "not gonna be none" but what I saw made my heart jump almost literally out of my chest. I slid into my hand a full roll of silver dimes ranging in dates from 1946-1964. Needless to say I was speechless and stood there for a second just looking at it. Its one of those things you always dream of finding but you never think you will. This goes out to all the roll searchers out there that silver is out there, you just gotta find it. :)

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Shoewrecky

Shoewrecky Coin Hoarder

wow that is awesome! I need some of that luck right now :)

4. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

WOW i think that's almost harder to find than a solid roll of silver halves! very nice!

5. Rope

Rope New Member

Wow! good find! keep it up!

6. GJ1103

GJ1103 coin addicted Navy man

Wow! Just wow! A whole roll? Could you send some of your luck my way?

7. GoldenFire

GoldenFire Coin Hoarder

Amazing...absolutely amazing. I wonder who rolled up and turned those bad boys in. Obviously they didn’t know what they had…

8. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

WOW! Great find!!! :smile
    -Taylor

9. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Silver dimes! Now that is a day at work! Nice find, indeed.

10. Numismania

Numismania You hockey puck!!

I agree.....no clue at all.

11. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

I've found solid rolls of 40%'ers, 6 or 7 now, and I must say, it's an awesome feeling. Still have never hit a full roll of silver dimes, though, that would be awesome.

12. GJ1103

GJ1103 coin addicted Navy man

I find the occasional single coin, but nothing like this.

13. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

nice find, certainly something I have dreamed about!!!

14. Awesome find. Since it was all silver, makes me wonder if it was an original bank roll that sat someplace for years. Congrats! :) TC

15. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

Wow, that's fantastic! Congrats!

16. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

For sure is! Great find!

17. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

Go back and get more!

18. Danester

Danester Junior Member

Any idea on how that came to be? You Da Man!

19. sirfordster

sirfordster Member

i only have bad luck

20. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Nice job on your epic find and epic win. :)

21. OldSilver

OldSilver New Member

Haha i had some major luck the other day as well. I went into barnes and noble to finally biy the 2012 red book and a map for the national park quarters and as i walked up to the register i found a stack of 4 twenty dollar bills on the ground. I discreetly scooped it up and looked around for anybody that was searching through their pockets or looked like they were lookinng for something. When i didnt see anything i slipped it into my pocket, smiled, and told the cashier to have a nice day. Unfortunatley i had to split it with my dad but hey i made a profit by buying coin stuff hahaha

Draft saved Draft deleted