The (Extremely) Rare Jefferson Nickel "O" Mint Mark (LOL)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jackhd, Apr 22, 2016.

1. jackhd

jackhd Active Member

Is it just me or are you thinking that this Seller probably has an alphabet metal punch, and created this "rare" "O" mark on the reverse of a 1964-D Nickel? Notice the price and lack of certification.

If you've ever wanted to own a one-off numismatic rarity, this could be the answer to your (more likely "his") prayer. It's a BIN, so you can't afford to wait! Going for the low, low, r-e-a-l-l-y low price of just $250! But, wait there's more....uh, er, ummm, I guess there isn't more. Follow the rabbit hole - thread below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121826005035

Jack

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

His other items for sale show some REMARKABLE errors...not

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The seller is just waiting for the right sucker to come along.

dwhiz likes this.
  5. jackhd

jackhd Active Member

You're right! The sad part is that one (a sucker) probably will come along eventually. I remember making some really STUPID purchases when I was new at this hobby. I would not have had $250, but it's a reminder of the dangers that are out there for the uninformed. Jack

6. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

You all know this, but just so this ends up in google searches.

If it is pressed into the coin (or incuse), it is not a mint made error and would generally be considered damaged. Pay no premium as it is not worth it.

Rassi and Cascade like this.
  7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

He knows it's silver right?

8. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

It's a counterpunch. Worth 5 cents.

spirityoda likes this.
  9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Its a Simpsons coin DO!

jackhd and Kirkuleez like this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's Variety 1, the O mark is slightly titled to the right where as next week we'll see Variety 2, which tilts to the left.

Kentucky and Pawnmonkey like this.
  11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

As always.. I added this listing to my watch list to see if anyone actually buys it :banghead:

12. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

This is an extremely rare 1964-O Vietnam War Nickel.

:)

13. Earle42

Earle42 Member

Oh, but Jack...
    We are all forgetting about the alien time travel experiments performed at Area 51 in the 1964. They sent a rep back to the New Orleans mint and had them make this in 1909. Its quite a bargain at that price. And I am sure if you contact the seller, he probably can arrange to have another time travel trip so more people can have them at this low price..

14. jackhd

jackhd Active Member

Lee - Stop, stop stop! I'm having trouble breathing from laughing so hard! Oh, and WELCOME TO COIN TALK (about time). Jack

15. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Item has been removed.. I wonder why!
    removed.JPG

16. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Evidently the time travel scam was halted by The Coin Cops.. lol

SuperDave and paddyman98 like this.
  17. jackhd

jackhd Active Member

Well, that's definitely one small step for justice. Unfortunately, it won't really have an impact on this dishonest Seller. Apparently he has no shortage of amazing, rarities available for the unsuspecting Buyer. Here's an item he recently sold (99 cents):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Sacaga...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

What really baffles me is that he has a 99.3% positive feedback rating. In fact, if you look at his feedback, he has 5 neutral ratings, and only ONE negative (which happens to be the buyer of "the (EXTREMELY) Rare 2010 Sacajawea Missing Mang Layer Rarity." This removal won't even slow him down, but whoever got it removed deserves our gratitude. Jack

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted