The "Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk" Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by cpm9ball, Jul 18, 2015.

1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I noticed that silver just fell below $15/oz. and I'd imagine there are some of you who might have held on too long or bought too soon. Be that as it may, the object of this contest is to guess the total weight of some silver medals shown in a photo. There is no prize for the winner of this contest other than bragging rights, but it should remain a reminder for everyone that buying too soon or selling too late is something we all have to live with.

I should also mention that I conducted a similar contest on another forum a few years ago, so if there is anyone here who participated in that one and recognizes the similarities, I would appreciate it if you not say anything and refrain from playing in this one.

With that said, here we go!

Object of the contest
    I will post a photo of some medals. Some of them are silver and some are not. It is your challenge to guess the total weight of the silver medals to the nearest 1/100th of an ounce (.01).

Rules
    1. You are allowed one guess per day, and you must post your guess directly to this thread. NOTE: "One guess per day" does not mean once every 24 hours. For example, if you post a guess at 11PM on the 29th, you are allowed to post another guess at 1AM on the 30th.
    2. I will check the thread frequently, and I will respond to every post stating whether a guess is "HIGH" or "LOW".
    3. The winner will be announced as soon as someone guesses the correct weight.

It is as simple as that! Just like the futures market, the person who studies the guesses made by everyone will be the one most likely to succeed.

I will make the rest of the day, Saturday, July 18, available to answer questions if there are any. The contest will begin on Sunday, July 19, when I post the photo.

Chris

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

I'm ready to play :)

4. cpm9ball

Well, since I said "Sunday", we'll wait until early morning. That way everyone can watch coverage of "The Open" at St. Andrews at the same time.

Chris;)

coinman1234 likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

It's now about 9AM at St. Andrews in Scotland. Let the games begin!

GUESS THE WEIGHT OF SILVER.JPG

swamp yankee likes this.
  6. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

7. cpm9ball

LOW!

8. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

10. Whipps

Whipps Well-Known Member

11. cpm9ball

LOW!

12. cpm9ball

LOW!

13. cpm9ball

LOW!

14. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

15. cpm9ball

HIGH!

16. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

as a native of Colorado, I'm proud to be the first high contestant.

17. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

18. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

19. cpm9ball

That's right! Colorado did legalize medical weed.

Chris

swamp yankee and rooman9 like this.
  20. cpm9ball

LOW!

21. cpm9ball

LOW!

Draft saved Draft deleted