The doctor doesn't accept PayPal anymore

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by T-roi, Apr 21, 2020.

1. T-roi

T-roi New Member

the dockter has stopped accepting PayPal claiming his account was "compromised" but most likely he got screwed with PayPal fees for bidding up his own items which it is long suspected that big al does.

Big Alan will let you pick your coin up in person cash only...or credit cards are accepted.

Such a shame big Al's dad must be spinning in his grave.

St Gaudens collector and -jeffB like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I have no clue what you are talking about o_O

4. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I believe he is talking about the guy selling that never ending supply of coins "discovered in an old safe in a 200 year old shop".

TypeCoin971793, NSP, -jeffB and 4 others like this.
  6. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

8. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

The OP has an issue with the eBay seller known as "the Docktor" who sells coins "found in a safe in a 200 year old pottery shop in West Virginia", or so he claims.

-jeffB and ddddd like this.
  9. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

10. ddddd

ddddd Member

The OP is talking about an eBay seller that claims all their coins are from a 200 year old hoard when many are really problem coins (some bought at recent auctions, cracked out, and then "restored"). That seller must have stopped taking paypal since paypal no longer returns the 2.9% fee when a buyer returns an item.

-jeffB and LakeEffect like this.
  11. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

I thought if you sell on eBay you have to take PayPal. I’ve never noticed any prompts for anything else during checkout. Maybe I just haven’t been very observant. I’ll remember to pull out my credit card if I find a “highly uncirculated” gem. Those coins just keep coming. I suppose a lot were accumulated over a 200 year period.

12. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

eBay and PayPal parted ways.

Draft saved Draft deleted