The Coolest 1921 Morgan Silver Dollar I've Ever Seen!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by dbeck22, Jun 15, 2018.

1. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

I think you should! (Everyone except the OP please ignore this advise.)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

No it is not, & do not give people misleading info/comments, ya DA!!!!

4. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

Okay, I have several Morgan dollars and I'm new at this game, but even I can't see anything you're talking about. I can tell it doesn't even begin to merit being called "cool." It's been rode hard and put away wet, as they say.

Stevearino likes this.
  5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

21-S in this condition is practically a melt value coin.
    It costs more than that to grade it. The graders see this coin, laugh and label it details. If you pay for grading, postage, insurance, now you have $50 into a $15 coin.

6. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

This coin has been harshly cleaned and is not worth the cost of grading. I wouldn’t recommend anyone gets a coin graded unless they are intending to sell it, or they are concerned about the authenticity. I personally prefer all of my coins raw no matter the grade or value. I have several five figure raw coins and that’s how they will stay.

7. Ron W

Ron W Member

Looks like it has a lot of bag marks and been around other coins in a box. Nothing rare,as there are a lot of Denver Morgans out there with an average price in this condition A/G ( about good 10) has a lot of details , etc. I would say you are wasting your Time & Money by sending it in for grading

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

If it's in Littleton plastic, what does the label say? I didn't think they were in the business of selling problem coins...

9. STU

STU Active Member

its a coin I would get rid of lots of damage nothing more there are lots better 1921 dollars out there for reasonable price

10. Michael K

My mistake on the mint mark.
    Too late to change post #24 from an S to a D.

11. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

dbeck22 likes this.
  12. dbeck22

dbeck22 Member

Wow..... I cant believe what I just read... I knew the coin had some other letters in the field because I thought it was another coin's imprint... like a double strike...

But This coin is from the Denver Mint. I didnt know where the mint mark was... I realize it's on the back now. But I think I have the 30th Morgan minted out of those 100!

13. dbeck22

dbeck22 Member

14. dbeck22

dbeck22 Member

Look at the lips. and I know it's hard to see but there is other writing on the coin.... it's in the field , but the light has to hit it just right to see it well 1.jpg 2.jpg

15. dbeck22

dbeck22 Member

16. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

You ask our advise and when you get it, all you do is argue with the posters about how much smarter you are than them.

Thankfully, there's a solution: Ignore

Stevearino likes this.
  17. Michael K

This is a junk silver coin.

V. Kurt Bellman and Stevearino like this.
  18. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

I'll pay you 200 Schmekles for it

19. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

numismatic pareidolia

20. dbeck22

dbeck22 Member

21. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Draft saved Draft deleted