The contest for a 1812 Bust Half

Discussion in 'Contests' started by JCB1983, Oct 17, 2012.

1. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

This contest has two requirements. You must specify what your favorite series and why, and the 2nd portion is your marketing/business idea that would help to generate business in the real estate world. After 3 weeks, I will determine the winner and the $250 prize will go to that person. Good luck please be constructive.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Urban_Lawyer

Urban_Lawyer Half dollar nerd

More info needed: "Generate business in the real estate world."

(1) What real estate are we talking about? Leasing, Selling Residential Homes, Developing Commercial Properties?
    (2) "Generate business," what does this mean? Clients through the door? Increased commissions? Gross number of contracts sold?
    (3) "World" Where are we talking about? US urban area, US suburban or rural area, regional area, national area?

4. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone got writers block and their homework assignment is due.:D

5. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Very very close to my thought's but once i know more I will probably give it a shot anyway (nice prize offer lol)

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

JCB:

Thanks for the contest.

However, as noted above, please give us some more details.

7. Okie jack

Okie jack New Member

Bust half because I'm a man that likes a good bust . Lol For marketing real estate lets see. First would be advertising . Craigslist , then billboards and don't forget make deals like closing cost free ( just ad to the price ) . But most of all run ads on every site you can think of .

8. x115

x115 Collector

My favorite coin is the flowing hair. I like the design,age and rarity.

as for boosting the real-estate market. we just need a few slogans.

"Now is the time to own a piece of america"
    "Home ownership is the american dream"
    "Home ownership,its your legacy"
    "why rent you FOOL when you can buy"

9. thecoin

thecoin New Member

My favorite coin is the big penny's, from australlia, and England, because I love the idea of such a big and noticable penny

Real estate:

Decrease us debt, lower taxes on middle and lower class Americas while raising taxes on upper class Americans so that we are just changing where the government gets the money, but they still get the same amount if not more, this way middle and lower class Americans have more money to save up and buy a house.

10. Bedford

Bedford Lackey For Coin Junkies

The series I have the most affinty for is the Capped Bust half dollar from 1807-1836. I always enjoyed the hunt & attribution of the varieties .The amount of work that some great individuals have put into the series over the past decade is still amazing to me . It is one series of coin that I still get geeked about when an original collection comes my way.

As for the real estate portion of the question. If you have not or the company you work for has not persued the virtual world of home sales I would suggest that. A video guided online tour of properties is a very nice way to showcase attributes of certain areas of the said property. The video guides could be linked to a you tube account , hosted on your companies actual website or another venue.I can even imagine with enough properties that it could be a "show" on weekend TV. The costs for having it professionally recorded ,edited & posted would be nominal IMO. The amount of additional potential buyers who would be able to see the property & not waste your time in the field showing a place they only have interest in from just curb appeal. In turn you would be able to show it to better potential buyers who have seen the inside & on their own time & have already made initial decisons on investing more of their time with it & you.

Just a thought ,but what do I know about real estate . Im just a coin dealer ;)

11. cciesielski01

cciesielski01 Laced Up

My favorite series is capped bust half dollars. Thyme are really nice big old silver coins and the whole series is filled with cool over dates and errors.
    as for the real estate end of the question

I believe that you could benifit from starting billboards and having a slogan and possibly getting an add on TV. And present yourself as an acreage person because home buyers want someone they can relate to. Really put yourself out there. Word of mouth will work wonders. Make one home buyer happy and they will pass your information along. even if you have to make a little less commission it will pay off in the long run.

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Entry

My favorite series would be the Flying Eagle Cent series. Argueably the most beautiful coin struck in the USA, and a series you can complete since it is only 3 years.

Make some particularly stupid political statements and then use your apology to forward your business.

Put up a booth at local flea markets/farmers markets staffed by cheap labor handing out fliers for properties you have. Low cost and should have resonable return and generate interest.

13. kipling401

kipling401 Member

My favorite coin series is the Morgan dollar. I love the design, the history related to the coin, and it is the coin that really sparked my interest in coin collecting. For real estate, go fishing and cast a very large net! Create a contact list and fill it with everyone you know, everyone you meet, and everyone they know. Then use the list to market yourself how ever you choose. Keep in touch with your contacts, always updating and expanding your list. Also, like coin collecting, start small and build your yourself up.

14. kbabyjohnson01

kbabyjohnson01 40 Years Cancer FREE

My favorite series is the Lincoln cent because that is all I can afford right now.

Promote your real estate business by having the name/number printed on cups/pens/magnets/calendars/t-shirts/etc and give them away at open houses. Also offer a new something (i.e. TV/washer/dryer and such like that) with each purchase. People love getting free things! Have a drawing/contest where you give the bigger items with a purchase....(Purchase a house and you will be automatically entered for the chance to win (insert prize)). Come to open house and register to win a gift card....etc etc etc

15. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

1812 Contest

Thanks for the contest.

My favorite series is all old type coins no longer in circulation and the finer the better.

My favorite modern coin is today’s Washington Quarter, as I feel they will soon be pulled from circulation and will be the next type coin.

Regarding the current real estate market.

I would suggest a push to current home owners, particularly those with no mortgage to purchase a second home buy for rental purposes and additional income.

Dave

16. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

My favorite series, in theory, is the seated dime. I think this because I just drool over seated dimes, whenever(I also like halves). It is just well designed, and there is the great diversity of it because of the design changes.

In my opinion, a few good, convincing ads that when the economy pulls out, the population of the US(or wherever you want to sell land) will take off, creating future need for land/housing, which would hopefully inspire some people to "invest" in land. Also, when the economy pulls out, there will be people who are around the age of a teenager or someone fresh out of college who will need a place to stay, and will hopefully have money comeing in enough to rent or buy this place to stay, so there would be demand when the economy pulls out, not with the need to wait until these new children were grown. Like any buisness idea, advertise the heck out of it and hope something good happens. That is if you want to sell houses or rent them NOW. If you are speculating though, the US debt being reduced and domestic spending increased, more buisnesses would hire more people or give raises and people would end up with more money, with which they might buy a house.

17. WRSiegel

WRSiegel Freshman

My favorite series is the Jefferson Nickel. I feel that they are underappreciated, and I enjoy the fact that there is such a variety in the strike, and in the colors they tone in. I love a toned war nickel.

For marketing in real estate, I would try a survey that asks people questions about their homes that you can either send out by mailer, or via email, and offer your service to tell them the fair market value of their home. I would imagine that this would reach people that don't even know that they would be interested in selling, and help you get some commissions. If someone finds out their house is worth more than they thought, and you told them the value in the first place, I would expect them to list with you as their agent. And either way if they follow up with you on the survey or not, your name is out there, and they would know where to find you.

P.S Thanks for the contest!

18. theSharpGun

theSharpGun The King

The Walking Liberty Half Dollar is my favorite coins series. The design is just amazing! The obverse is one of the prettiest depictions of Liberty ever created. So much so that we are still using the same design on our American Silver Eagles. And the reverse is just majestic!! The eagle is done justice by it's depiction on this coin series. Adolph Weinman did a spectacular job on this coin and I really love them!!

As for Real Estate, I'm not an expert but I do know this: Getting your word out is key. There are a wide variety of ways that this can be accomplished. Proper marketing is a necessity. Firstly you need to know your audience. Depending on what you are selling you will need to focus your efforts to a specific group. For example: parents of 2 kids looking for a home versus a single college student looking for cheap and affordable boarding.

Now there are many ways to do market yourself depending on your budget. My advice would be to run ads; on the radio, television, have flyers mailed out or handed out, post your information and contact details online, etc. On these ads you need to express why you should be their primary real estate agent as opposed to other real estate agents in the neighborhood. In order to do this you will have to be cordial, friendly, and helpful. Let any potential clients know that you are there to alleviate the burden of this process off them and that you are there to make buying a piece of real estate as easy as possible.

Again, I'm not an expert in real estate but I think its important to understand that your clients are just regular people who are looking for real estate. Whether it is a family looking to settle down or a business looking to expand to a new location, the concept is pretty much the same. This should give you an upper hand when offering your services. Good luck and thanks for the contest!!
    -theSharpGun

19. cremebrule

cremebrule Active Member

Favorite series: Lincolns (preferably wheat)

Why? IMHO, it's the most widely collected (maybe besides Morgan collectors...but what do I know) series, and for good reason. As the only coin not made out of white/grayish metal, brilliant uncirculated lincoln cents (especially the wheaties) have beautiful red-orange luster and often form deep and colorful toning patterns. It's also probably the least expensive and easiest to start collecting, and relatively easier/cheaper to buy earlier pre-1950s lincolns that are in nice condition compared to any other series. The design is spectacular (*note: post 1982 lincolns excluded) with high relief and strong details, especially with the earlier dates (1909-1920's). I also like the varieties that come with the series, such as the matte proof lincolns (arguably the most detailed coin given its size) and the steelies. But most importantly for me, it was the first series that got me hooked on coin collecting (which all started with a trip to the local coin shop with my mom many years ago), which is why they're (still) my favorite series to collect today. :)

As far as real estate goes, I'm not exactly what you'd call an expert in that field, but common sense tells me (if I were marketing real estate) to go for more unique innovations to boost sales, rather than the cookie-cutter magazine adds, flyers, posters and such. Some ideas that come to mind is creating videos of the entire interior of houses you're trying to sell and posting them on your website (if you have one) to save time on both ends of the deal. Or perhaps inviting potential clients to spend a meal with you at a house that they're interested in in order to get a "feel" for the surroundings. Or maybe having people draw out specifically what kind of real estate they're looking for; which would give you a clearer and more visual idea of what they're interested in. While they may not directly boost sales, they could make the process more efficient and clients' decisions a little easier to make :) . I think it's more important in the quality of the relationships with clients, rather than the quantity of clients. But again, I'm not an expert, so I may sound like an idiot to all you professionals ;) . These are just ideas off the top of my head. Of course, these ideas are beside all the legal/tax/debt parts you also have to consider, which I'm completely ignorant about.

Those are just my two cents.

20. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Great, thanks for the contest! My favorite coin series is the Walking Liberty Half Dollar and the reason why is because when I was a kid there were still some of them in circulation and on occasion I had the chance to save some. Of course as I grew older I spent them all but I never forgot what a thrill it was to come across them and still is. Nothing beats a beautiful shiny MS Walker!!

About the Real Estate promotion. You contact your State Board of Real Estate and you get a list of current Realtors in your zip code and maybe a couple of other zip codes in or around your city. You figure how many Realtors you are gonna allow into this sales promotion and you decide how many zip codes will cover your need. Then you send them out a flyer. The list you get may cost $25 or you may get it for free. If you ask for it under the freedom of information act you can probably get it for free.

Anyways, you send out a flyer to all the Realtors on the list. All it is, is a flyer introducing yourself and your business. As a promotion to get to know you, you ask the Realtors to send you their business card and you have a drawing. The winner of the drawing can win one of three prizes. They can win a $50 gift card for gas or whatever or they can win a lunch with you at a restaurant of their choice. Or they can win something else that they will like, like a basket full of coffee, fishing gear or whatever. Because I don't know where you live I will allow you to use my idea as a format to change however you want. The promotion will also work and may even be better if you have another business join you. Have a few businesses join you! You would be surprised what small business owners are willing to give away simply to get name recognition on your flyer. The ideas are endless, meaning my idea is just the format, use it how you want. Good Luck!!! :thumb:

21. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

My favorite coin series to collect is the Morgan Dollar. I received my fist Morgan Dollar at the age of 7 from my great grandmother shortly before she passed away. I am now 15 years old and every single cent that I ever make goes towards buying new coin to add to my growing collection. I love the design on the Morgan Dollar, I especially love looking for the PL Morgans that are either raw or graded and I could save up to send the raw ones in. The oldest coin in my collection by far is a 1853 Large cent that I recently purchased as a coin to have as a reference of what the design looks like. I would love to add a Bust, yet alone a Bust Half Dollar to my collection, except I can never find any that are of reasonable price.

Now for the second portion... I don't know much about real estate (I'm only 15) but all I know is that it is like the coin world too; the more you advertise and promote your collection (if you are willing to sell) the the more likely you will be in selling your collection for the value that you want. It is always smart to have someone else that has more knowledge about a certain subject then you do to help you through the process, just like coins, if someone knows more about a certain coin series then you do wouldn't you want them to give you knowledge about it rather then trying to educate yourself!?!?!? Slogans are always a good idea too, i love them first of all and i always think that the more catchy they are, then the more people will end up reading them and then looking further into what they are advertising. Well this is all that I have. Good Luck with your real estate!!!! And good luck to anyone participating in this contest!
    -Kyle

Draft saved Draft deleted