The Coin I Did Not Get for Christmas!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Theodosius, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

CointThatWasnt.jpg

Checking my email two weeks before Christmas I noticed one from one of my favorite vcoins dealers. It was a purchase receipt email and thinking my wife must have ordered me a gift I quickly closed my email to not ruin the surprise. It was somewhat inconvenient not checking my personal email account for a few weeks but I wanted to be "good".

Last year my wife logged into my vcoins account and bought an awesome coin for me that I had saved as a favorite. Naturally, I thought she had done the same thing this year.

Christmas morning we are opening our gifts to each other. I am patiently waiting for her to reveal her coin "surprise" in triumph. OK, 3 pairs of socks, that will last all year. New full face dive mask, good. Ritter Sport dark chocolate with hazel nuts from Germany, excellent, the only thing I asked for specifically. Contribution to "Heifer International," my favorite charity, best of all.

Then, there was nothing left but wrapping paper and expectations. Hey, wait a minute. What about the email? What is going on here? I have been in suspense for two weeks waiting to see what she had picked; she has great taste in coins. I pulled out my phone and checked my email. Nothing from vcoins in the last month! Looking carefully, there was an order from months ago that floated to the first page during a filter I had done. That must have been what fooled me. I told me wife the story and she laughed and said, "I thought you had gotten enough coins for this year already."

Yeah, well, that is probably true, seeing some of the beauties I picked up this year:

3 Swans 1a.jpg

My wife did buy me the middle coin for my birthday. She thought it was very funny that I had been secretly thinking I knew about her gift while really I was fooling myself. Then she said, "You know, the FUN show is in two weeks...".

Please post any funny coin stories.

John

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

My wife says that whether I get one or a hundred coins in a year. :confused:

4. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

I LOVE those 'beauties'!!! Congrats on a great year!:)

Theodosius likes this.
  5. Theodosius

Thank you, I feel very fortunate this year in many ways!

John

Alegandron likes this.
  6. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

7. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

YOUR Coin Story was FUNNY ENOUGH for me! :D

So, let me get this straight: You wear socks from January to April; change to your second pair and wear them from May to August; change to your third pair and wear them from September to December... OK, understood.

THEN, me growing up farming Beef Cattle... Heifer "a young female cow that has not borne a calf." Hmmm, I was WONDERING who were coddling and saving cattle...and what kind of Foundation did that... :D
    I was REALLY beginning to wonder about this guy, and he was roughly my age...

LOL :D

I did check out the Foundation, it is wonderful! Great job on that!

Best to you, John... Enjoy your Holidays, and I look FORWARD to your FUN SHOW surprise!!!

Funny LOOKING Coin...
    upload_2017-12-26_12-51-50.png
    RImp Spain Lepida-Clesa Lepidus - mon C Balbus L Porcius Colonia Victrix Ivlia Lepida Victory - Bull holed RPI 262 plate 19

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  8. Theodosius

I wondered if anyone would notice the socks statement. :)

Check out Heifer International if you are not familiar with them!

Don't give a person a fish, give them a heifer, and they will be set for life.

John

9. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I do believe this is a great idea but I would prefer four goats. Did you know what animal provides more protein to humans on earth than any other?

10. Theodosius

I am going to guess the goat. :)

They give people animals appropriate for the climate. Some people get goats, camels, alpacas, etc

John

ominus1 likes this.
  11. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Goas are neat, but I also like that you can give chicks and such.

12. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Dude, your Wife is awesome! Mine indulges my coin obsession as well. Although she also didn't get any coins for me this Christmas. I think she knows I'm just going to be buying them myself all year.

Theodosius likes this.
  13. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

And, they make amazing lawn mowers!

Smojo likes this.
  14. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Funny story! Is that mystery coin one that you’ll be buying? It looks killer!

Theodosius and ominus1 like this.
  15. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

huh.. heifer international...never heard of it till now... and i live an old farmplace too...purdy kool concept...

Theodosius likes this.
  16. Theodosius

It is actually a Dekadrachm from Syracuse, so not buying one anytime soon.

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted